• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

major flicker after transition

#1 weedonk
So, I've shot a holy grail time-lapse of a contrasty scene.  Everything seems to be in order, I prepped it correctly edited in Lightroom etc.  Then when I make the visual preview there are drastic spikes in the pink curve.  I deflickered which is not sufficient to correct such drastic changes and I get 5 or 6 major flickering points during the orange and pink transition in the sky.  I reviewed my originals and there seems to be no reason for these jumps as the shots look good.  These major flicker moments to not correspond with my exposure changes during the capture.  What could it be?  Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?  I love the automatic holy grail processing but a part of me misses the old school editing of the exposure changes despite it being way more work. This should be the easy solution but I'm getting so frustrating processing what should/could be a really nice TL.

Thanks!,

Ronald
#2 Gunther
Could be different reasons. I'd recommend to do the whole sequence again, start with "Metadata/Initialize" in LRTimelapse.
Make sure to not follow the editing tips recommended here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Often too heavy adjustments to non linear tools in Lightroom (like Dehaze, Clarity, Whites and Blacks) lead to unexpected results that difficult to correct, because they introduce contrast flicker.
If it's only Brightness flicker, you can always do a couple of deflicker/refine passes to make it perfect.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 weedonk
Sounds like it was the dehire/clarity, black white manipulation. Thanks Gunther
#4 weedonk
Found a new issue that might be causing the problem. (I stayed away from white/black/dehaze/clarity completely and still had the same problem once the preview is created. For some reason my last keyframe isn't showing up when I choose the LRT keyframe filter before starting the LR processing. so the last ~68 images aren't getting noticed (out of 287). I made 7 key frames but I only see 6.
#5 weedonk
I manually selected the last key frame and applied the edit using the proper sync button. I still have these flickers towards the end. They seemed to be less pronounced but they are still there and deflicker doesn't do enough to get rid of them. So, if I'm not using black/white/dehaze/clarity what else could it be? Like I said, the original images do not have any problems with them. I read the blog post and avoided all development settings that aren't supported and I just can't get rid of them. Can I send you a few screen shots so you know exactly what I'm talking about?
#6 Gunther
Yes, please send screenshots and probably the video to clarify. You can send to support(at) LRTimelapse(dot) com

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
#7 Gunther
Yes, please send screenshots and probably the video to clarify. You can send to support(at) LRTimelapse(dot) com

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...

...also check out: