• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Many frames skipped when rendering video

#1 bobesh
Hi,
I'm a first time user of LRT but I've read the eBook, the online workflow instructions and watched the workflow tutorial. My first time lapse sequence that I'm trying to process is very simple - 386 photos taken in stable lighting conditions, all camera settings fixed in manual mode. I completed the visual workflow as per the instructions and every step was fine, at the end I have all 386 new Jpegs in LRT... directory named
LRT_00001.jpg to LRT_00386.jpg, I checked all of them and they all are processed correctly with all my mods in Lightroom applied to it, including the correct crop.
When Lightroom finished rendering the photos (after export) it recalled the LRT to do the final step - video rendering, I applied some basic settings and eventually the video was rendered.
However when I check the video it's only 2 secs long instead of 12 seconds, it seems the rendering process skipped many frames, it looks like only first 60 frames were rendered then randomly 1 frame somewhere in the middle (this wasn't a keyframe btw.) and then the last frame (which was a keyframe).
I tried this many times and can't figure out why LRT cannot render full video with all the frames when all 386 Jpegs exist in the correct LRT... directory.
In the end I had to use the slideshow plugin to create the full 12 secs video, but that's not the point, I want to be able to create in LRT.

anybody came across this problem before ?

I'm running MacBook Air with OSX 10.9.5, latest version of Lightroom and LRT 4.0.2

Pete
#2 Gunther
Mostly this is a problem with different aspect ratios in the images. One keyframe with a different crop/aspect ratio often is enough to stop the encoder. In LRTimelapse check, if you can see the one or more of the crop columns in the table, if so, right click on the header and then initialize the crop column. Then save and read metadata in Lightroom after having cleared the filter and switched to grid view. Now export again.
If it still doesn't work, send me the log file (info-menu -> log)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bobesh
Hi,

once I exit/close the LRT and re-start it later then I don't know if it's possible or how to load the same project again (to be able to check the column with crop ratio), so anyway I deleted all XMP files and started the whole process from the beginning and this time it worked.

Peter
#4 Gunther
Hi Peter,
there is nothing like a "project" in LRTimelapse.
If you load your folder (click on the folder on the left side) - your sequence will be loaded with all the settings that you saved (in LRT or LR) - so you can always check.

But I'm glad it worked now!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: