• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Masking a very bright light in Lightroom.

#1 shapeofforms
Hey peeps,

I'd like get help about darkening a very bright area in my images. It's not related to LRTimelapse but I think it's one of those things most of us face every now and then when we are doing timelapses.

The image: https://i.ibb.co/3C09X5t/DSC02071.jpg

It's a a very bright light of a football field and it is really ruining my timelapse. So I'm wondering whether I can apply a mask to darken the light spot and the big halo around it. I'm pretty new to Lightroom Classic so I'd gladly accept any tips you can give me.

Naturally, I want the mask to appear in LRTimelapse, that's where I'm confused, do the masks also transfer automatically to LRTimelapse when I save the metadata in lightroom?

P.S. The source file is an Uncompressed Raw and it is shot with Sony A7 IV (33 Megapixels)

Edit: Sorry guys, posted this in the wrong forum. Dear mods, feel free to move it please.
#2 Gunther
As I wrote in my answer to your last post: please watch the tutorials to learn how LRT works.
Of course you can do what you want with LRT. LRT will create some "empty" masks while initializing that you can modify and use to your needs. The editing parameters of those masks will be animated. Just make sure to use only the predefined masks and not create new ones or delete any of those.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: