• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Master Time-Lapse Course by Morten Rustad

#1 Bobu
I bought and watched the Master Time-Lapse Course by Morten Rustand and want to post a short review for the people still on the fence.

The course is a non-interactive 6 hours video course that costs 199$. You have to download all the video files as one big 14,6 GB ZIP file.

The course is split into several chapters. You can find the table of content here: https://mastertimelapse.com/

The first chapter "Introduction & Basics" ist mostly for beginners. There was nothing new or really interesting for me. But if you have no experience with timelapse it is a good introduction.

The second "Workflow" chapter had some interesting aspects. Especially choosing first the music and then cutting the timelapse scenes to the music was interesting. Also, the idea to work with some quick previews first and then transfer the edits to the final exports gave me some food for thought. I'm not yet convinced to use the same workflow as Morten but he definitely has some interesting ideas.

The third "Post Production" chapter and especially the section "Advanced Post Processing Methods" was the most interesting for me. Especially the ideas for repairing damaged frames, removing birds and airplanes are really useful. Sadly most of his suggestions are based on Adobe After Effects.

Right now I'm using just LR, LRT and FCP. For AE I would have to pay another 300€ each year for the abo and also have to learn another quite complex tool. But maybe this is necessary if you want to achieve the next level.

Summary:
If you are either a timelapse beginner or want to learn some interesting advanced timelapse post-processing methods based on AE I can really recommend the video course.
If you already have some experience shooting timelapse and know how to use AE or don't want to use AE at all the 199$ should be better invested in something else.
#2 Gunther
From my experience you only need After Effects in very special cases, i.e. Stamping and Stabilizing. And stabilizing could also be done in video processing (for example for free in Davinci Resolve) which leaves After Effects for stamping only. Basic stamping can also be done in Lightroom - if you do that on non keyframe images, just make sure to hold "Shift" when appling the auto transition, then it will keep the individual stamping.
Personally, I use After Effects only on very few sequences.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: