• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messy Holy Grail Sequence

#1 Sportspix
Hi Folks... looking for a bit of help with a messy HG sequence.

I've been shooting with DslrDashboard + the HG method successfully over the last year and a bit. Unfortunately on a recent shoot my TP-Link packed up, and I had to do things manually.

As a result of multi-tasking with a second camera, I did accidentally end up with some back to back exposure decreases i.e. Shot -> +0.3EV -> +0.3EV again. So there is a run of images for example where I have 2*, 3*, 2*, 2*, 2*, 3* images instead of repeating 2/3* pairs.

When I tried putting the sequence together I ended up with some very weird results; wild swings in exposure for example.

Is it possible to do anything to save the sequence?

It's quite a nice sequence so I'm happy to put some work into it, but I'm unsure about the best way to do it, or if it is even possible.

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse does not support subsequent adjustments on adjacent frames too well. HG-Wizard tries to correct, but it cannot know about the progression in darkness while those adjustments happen.
You might try to smoothen out everything with a couple of deflicker/refine steps at the end, if it's not too bad, it might work.
Next time always try to leave at least 2 or 3 frames inbetween each adjustment at the camera.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Sportspix
Thanks Gunther - yeah I know that had I stopped to think about it, but in between watching a second camera I just made a mess of things, especially with being used to DslrDashboard doing everything.

I was just hoping there might have been a way of doing it manually for the problem sections Sad

...also check out: