• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Metadata is not travelling, Parameters are not being applied

#31 Gunther
It's a know problem of Lightroom that it will not read metadata if the Camera Date was in the future.
It's described in the beginning of this thread as well.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#32 seanensch
Hello, I am new to LRT and time lapses in general, I am having difficulty with this program and usually I learn programs very fast.

I have a timelapse I have been working on in Holy Grail mode, and been following all the steps in order and watched the tutorial video 3 times. I also read through this thread, however I am still having a problem with keyframes...

In this sequence, I loaded the sequence, initialized it, then did the exposure keyframes fine. Saved, loaded in to LR just fine, made sure it flowed well with exposure, the went back in to LRT and tried to do the additional keyframes. For some reason the keyframes are not loading in to LR at all. I checked my timestamp and it is not in future date, it is correct date.

What else can I do. I feel like this project has been so messed up I should just start over from scratch and new images. I even deleted the .CR2 files and put them in a new folder and tried over again and same thing happened.

Thank you. I love the program, if I can get it to work properly!
#33 Gunther
Please check also that you are using the right filters in Lightroom.
Did you try a easy sequence (no HG) first? Is that working?
#34 seanensch
what do you mean by the right filters in LR? The star filters? I just filtered for 2 stars and then 4 stars. the 2 stars worked, but 4 stars, nothing.

Another strange thing that happened was I just shot a brand new sequence as a test, it is only 170 frames but I wanted to see if i could start new and get the HG to work... So I imported to LR and LRT, initialized, then started the HG method, did keyframe wizard, then went in to LR, went in grid library, read metadata, but had no keyframes with **. I only changed the settings once (I increased aperture one stop half way through), but I continued on working through the workflow (never adjusted in LR at all for **) and did other keyframes part, and this time, the **** keyframes were made. Last time I used HG for a sequence it was the opposite- the ** worked to LR, but **** never did.

Another strange thing that happened- After I did other keyframes, I went back to LR, read metadata in grid, then filtered for **** and had my keyframes just fine, so I went to edit them and for some reason when I went to put on a graduated filter EVERY photo had 3 graduated filters already put in them- with no changes made in the grad filters, but 3 empty grad filters were in each frame...

Weird, I think my LR seems to be very bugged with LRT. I don't know.
#35 Gunther
The gradients are created on initialization, that's crucial. You have to use that gradients.
see: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

I have the impression that you are doing something wrong in the workflow. Do you have my ebook? It's all explained there step by step.

The 2*/3* are only for the exposure corrections. the 4* are a addtional "Layer" of keyframes, that you use to make color corrections independently. Why don't you post a screenshot of the preview with the curves? Guessing what you are doing is really hard for us...
#36 seanensch
I did a second test sequence and everything worked fine.

It was those previous attempts that the 2*/3* keyframes were not going to lightroom after creating them, saving metadata. The first sequence I worked on the 2*/3* worked good, the 4* special adjustments didn't appear in LR- the second sequence I did it was the opposite- the 2*/3* didn't appear, but the 4* did. Maybe it was a workflow problem, I am not sure, but I followed all steps like in the video tutorial.

I do not have the ebook but I watched every tutorial video and followed them step by step. Maybe the problem was that the other sequences that failed was because the old sequences contained images that I had edited in LR before working on the timelapse?

I understand the grad filters now though, thank you for clearing that up. I will shoot another test timelapse and see if maybe I am doing it properly now with no problems, if not I will post a screen shot.

Thank you, I really enjoy the program!

*** just bought ebook tho to help as well Smile
#37 NCHANT
I've just purchased a private license as I do like this software, but still having a few issues.

Doing a Holy Grail timelapse at the moment, running into similar problems I've had before:

1. Initialised sequence
2. KF Wizard/HG Wizard, edited these and saved, all good.
3. Checked ** frames, exposures are fine
4. Created other keyframes (15 **** keyframes as it's a 700 pic timelapse)
5. Only 11 of the 15 **** keyframes load in Lrightroom!
6. Carried on editing the **** keyframes to how I wanted, grad filters, WB, curves etc, saved metadata
7. Reloaded in LRTimelapse, Autotranistioned special (All but HG), saved
8. Reload in Lightroom – ALL my edits reset!! WB resets, curves, tone, NR etc etc, what is going on here?

Please help Sad
#38 Gunther
Some things to consider: Make sure to set the filters correctly. Make sure to have all images in the lightroom catalog (compare number of images) - make sure to not have JPG+RAW in the folder.

If you create 15 **** keyframes (normally way too much in my opinion) - they should all travel to lightroom. If not, there is something wrong. I assume, you have jpgs+raw in the folder, lightroom will then only show the jpgs, but LRTimelapse will use both.
#39 NCHANT
(2014-04-29, 12:26)gwegner Wrote: Some things to consider: Make sure to set the filters correctly. Make sure to have all images in the lightroom catalog (compare number of images) - make sure to not have JPG+RAW in the folder.

If you create 15 **** keyframes (normally way too much in my opinion) - they should all travel to lightroom. If not, there is something wrong. I assume, you have jpgs+raw in the folder, lightroom will then only show the jpgs, but LRTimelapse will use both.

Filters were correct and in grid view. I never shoot Jpeg+ Raw.

15 keyframes is essential for the timelapse I am creating, as it was over a period of 10 hours, the change in light/colours etc needed a fair amount of keyframes to get the effect I'm after.

I'll try again and see how it goes.

EDIT: Also, when starting the editing and create the first set of keyframes for checking the HG exposure, is it meant to pick the very first and very last images? Mine doesn't and not sure why, or if it's meant to, makes sense to use them IMHO.

EDIT #2: Just created 6 x **** keyframes (testing) and only 4 x **** keyframes appear in LR. This has been happening everytime for a few months now Sad
#40 Gunther
Code:
Also, when starting the editing and create the first set of keyframes for checking the HG exposure, is it meant to pick the very first and very last images? Mine doesn't and not sure why, or if it's meant to, makes sense to use them IMHO.

What do you mean? When using the keyframes wizard it will create a 1* (blue) keyframe for the first and last image and 2*/3* keyframes (orange) for each change in shuttertime/iso.

...also check out: