• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Metadata is not travelling, Parameters are not being applied

#41 Rhino76
Hi I'm new to LRT
Im having an issue saving the xmp files. Ive searched the forum and I can't find anything.

error writing
no xmp-files changed nothing saved
#42 Gunther
Check the log file! Info Menu/Log. Are the files writable?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#43 xlwang
Hi Gunther, I've got a problem with the LRT for the whole night and have no idea how to work this out, so I came here looking for help.
Actually I have completed several time lapse photographs perfectly with them, and I know how to work with the LR&LRT, even several days ago they worked totally well. But yesterday, when I worked with them, a problem occurred, after I finished the developments in LR, and turned to the LRT, hit "reload&auto-transition", it seemed like that all of my adjustments were gone except for the last keyframe, I didn't notice that until I returned to LR and I found that all of the developed parameters were reverted to raw. After several times attempts, I was almost crazy.
And there seems like another problem that after those operations above, I wanted to re-do it so I click the "initialize" button, but a keyframe appears automatically on the first picture, which is weird cause there should be nothing but a straight yellow line before that problem occurred, and I updated to the 3.4 version but the problems still exist, so do u have any idea how to solve this? Thank you so much
#44 Gunther
I'd suggest to clear all metadata (Ctrl-O). Save. Then initialize again. Initializing might create a keyframe, don't wory. Then go through the workflow again.
If Auto Transition clears parameters, you probably didn't copy them correctly to all keyframes.
Please check that the lightroom folder is the same as the folder opened in LRTimelapse and that they are in sync.
#45 xlwang
Thank you! I've tried it and it's OK now, thank you so much Gunther!
#46 xlwang
Hi, Gunther I'm sorry but the same problem occurred again.
I cleared all the metadata, as you said, yet it still reset all of my adjustments, except Exposure.
I don't know what happened, I was pretty familiar with the workflow and pretty sure I have done nothing wrong, because sometimes it does make transitions successfully, while sometimes not(most of the time).
After the Auto Transition, some question marks appeared and when I move my mouse on it, it says" Value not initialized" and" Plz follow the workflow and initialize the metadata in the very first step", but no matter how many times I initialize it, it cleared all of the adjustments but exposure in the end.
So I just wondering what's wrong with it, I cannot figure it out. I don't know if it's because the settings or something else, I removed and reinstalled it, and Lightroom as well, but it still clear all of my works.
It just drives me crazy.
#47 Gunther
Did you check that you are not using any of the unsupported tools?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

Otherwise: Could you please send me some of those images after applying your edits and saving the XMPs in Lightroom and before applying the transitions in LRTimelapse. Just make a short sequence of a say 10 images where you can reproduce this problem with and send it to me!
#48 Rowan
Gunther,

I am having maybe a similar issue that I'm trying to figure out but it gives me the same result (it might because because I'm creating my keyframes in LR by setting the rating value to ****). I'm trying to create a radial filter [2] over a limited timeframe.

The data is being saved out of LR. On Reload the data is correctly read by LRT (verified in both the data table and Xmp file viewer). However when I use the Calculate Auto Transition button the resultant values in the Data Table show up as text "Medium Contrast", values in the image properties unchanged. On saving the xmp data "Medium contrast" is written into the data fields of the appropriate values. Loading this into LR resets the RAW values to 0.

Hope this helps or is it something else that I need to tweak in creating the keyframes in LR.

Rowan
#49 Gunther
This shows that something is getting messed up with your metadata.
Just reinitialize the sequence in LRTimelapse and only use the supported tools (see link above) - don't create any new gradients - just use the ones provided!
#50 expomiguelramos
Many, many, many thanks for the tips. It saved my day.
I was also unable to get the keyframes!!

All the best.

...also check out: