• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Min. dimensions HD question

#1 David-J
Hi there,

I am new to TimeLapse work but not photography and the use of related software, I am having a couple of issues with LR Timelapse (amazing tool by the way!).

Basically I have 1650 RAW files in Lightroom and have exported them as ProPhoto RGB JPEGS with the Pixel dimension of HD 1920x1080. When I open all these frames in LRT I get a warning in yellow saying "Min. dimensions: 1920 x 911 - not enough for 1080p!".

So I am a little confused as to how this has happened and what could be done to solve it. I tried previously to use 8bit TIFF's from Lightroom but had repeated issues with .xmp files not being written out correctly.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David-J
#2 Gunther
(2011-05-13, 12:58)David-J Wrote: Basically I have 1650 RAW files in Lightroom and have exported them as ProPhoto RGB JPEGS with the Pixel dimension of HD 1920x1080. When I open all these frames in LRT I get a warning in yellow saying "Min. dimensions: 1920 x 911 - not enough for 1080p!".
David, what are the dimensions of the Files in the Table on the right? Please check if everyone has 1920x1080 - anyway the message is only a warning - you can ignore it. But I would be interested in knowing if everything goes right in LRTimelapse. So please drop me a message.

Quote:So I am a little confused as to how this has happened and what could be done to solve it. I tried previously to use 8bit TIFF's from Lightroom but had repeated issues with .xmp files not being written out correctly.

Have you read the threads about XMP wrting in the FAQ Section?
You should be able to work fine in RAW as well!

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 David-J
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the reply, I have sorted the problem out.

I'm not sure why but when I opened the Image Sequence in LRT there was a Top Crop of 0.156 making the images not tall enough for full HD res. I simply ticked this column and Copied & Pasted the new value of 0.000 to the rest of the images and it worked perfectly.

With regard to the .xmp files I have gone back through the original process and used the original RAW files rather than TIFF's or JPEGS and this has worked fine too. The situation I was shooting was indoor with controlled light Temp etc so the missing data could again simply be copied and pasted to where it was missing (only about 100 files from 1650! which is good!)

I have finished the timelapse now and I am really happy with it, it's a moving clip of a mechanic building a bike up. It's a client project so can't post anything at the moment but can link the full final video when it's complete.

Thanks for developing this tool though I am sure I will get more use from it soon.

Best

David

...also check out: