• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Minor requests for stereo3D timelapse

#1 ridindave
Hello Gunther,

I've been making stereo3D timelapse for some months now, and it's quite fun to do! As I'm shooting with dual camera system, I'd need some really minor enhancements, that only help me to apply same treatment to both left and right sequence. For animated params, it's straightforward. I can even duplicate metadata files from one sequence to the other, as filenames are consistent. But what I can't do is replicate deflicking settings. I don't wan't to duplicate deflicking results, but only deflicking settings, as both cameras probably need slightly different deflickings.
All I need is 2 text boxes for entering (or just reading out) strength and smoothing values.

While speaking about deflicker, I have another suggestion, related to a 'trick' I've found, that may interest many people :
When using very high smoothing values, you can easily alter exposure + or - 1/3 stop. That means you can manually compensate light variations while shooting, by 1/3 stop step on exposure time, then use LRT deflicker to smooth every 1/3 stop jump. I've done it. It's amazing how easy and efficient it is!
To get this result, I need to use very high smoothing value, always over '40' and usually not far from the right end.
What I'd love is more precision when setting smoothing in this area. I feel there's a lot of intermediate results I can't get because of slider discrete values...

hope I was clear enough, thanx for reading, and thanx again for wasting your life on such a masterpiece! Wink

Hope you're on holidays, and won't read this before september...

David
#2 Gunther
(2011-08-04, 02:04)ridindave Wrote: I don't wan't to duplicate deflicking results, but only deflicking settings, as both cameras probably need slightly different deflickings.
All I need is 2 text boxes for entering (or just reading out) strength and smoothing values.

Hello David,
you can do this right now - it's the same procedure as for HDR timelapses. You will need the 1.5pre version, there you can apply deflicker to selected rows (also disjunct!) - use the "select every nth+m" feature to select all even and than all odd images and apply deflicker.

Please have a look at the HDR Workflow Thread, there is even a screencast I made to explain the procedure.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-hdr-...576#pid576

Quote:While speaking about deflicker, I have another suggestion, related to a 'trick' I've found, that may interest many people :
When using very high smoothing values, you can easily alter exposure + or - 1/3 stop. That means you can manually compensate light variations while shooting, by 1/3 stop step on exposure time, then use LRT deflicker to smooth every 1/3 stop jump. I've done it. It's amazing how easy and efficient it is!
To be honest I never tried that - I alway use the workflow I described in the Holy-Grail tutorial:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-the-...e-tutorial

But It might be worth a try! Thank you for sharing this.

Quote:To get this result, I need to use very high smoothing value, always over '40' and usually not far from the right end.
What I'd love is more precision when setting smoothing in this area. I feel there's a lot of intermediate results I can't get because of slider discrete values...
I know - especially on huge sequences the slider could have more steps to the right. I'm going to have a look what I can do about this in the next version.

Quote:hope I was clear enough, thanx for reading, and thanx again for wasting your life on such a masterpiece! Wink
You are very welcome! ;-)

Quote:Hope you're on holidays, and won't read this before september...
Right now I'm sitting near the beach writing this, relaxing from my last kitesurfing session... ;-)

Best wishes
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: