• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More smaller or few larger Exposure Changes?

#1 adamchicago
When shooting day to night with the goal of editing and rendering through LRTimelapse (and Lightroom). Is it better to set your camera's exposure and ISO ramping for many small changes or a few large changes? I have been setting it up for many small changes and have not been able to render a flicker free holy grail timelapse yet.

Here's the setup:
- 5DII in manual mode
- Set and lock focus and set and turn lens to lock aperture

- Magic Lantern settings:
- Intervalometer: 3S, BRamp
- Bulb / Focus Ramp: Sunset, Max RampSpeed: 0.020 EV / shot

- About 1 hour durations
- 20mins before sunset to 40mins after sunset

LRTimelapse: final step saved to XMP for render curves/adjustments shown below
- Because of clouds I set a large-general reference area
[Video: https://vimeo.com/57870839]
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I recommend ca. 1EV changes, I think you made way too much changes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 adamchicago
Thank you...I thought that might be the case.

Awesome software, great job!

(2013-01-22, 01:13)gwegner Wrote: I recommend ca. 1EV changes, I think you made way too much changes.
Video
#4 lukaszmadzia1
Hi everyone, I'm new here.From some time I am very interested in Timelapse. I Works on Lightroom 4 and would like to know why the sky I have such a "pixels" and the image is not of the highest quality as viewed on a full screen HD?. Can I connect a video AND music in Lightroom4? or I need another program? Greetings Lukas
#5 Gunther
Lukas, the free templates don't have a very high quality. If you want better results go for the PRO templates!

You can add Music to the slightshow in LR I would however recommend cutting the video afterwards in a video editor so you can combine different sequences and add music then.
#6 lukaszmadzia1
I just bought LTRTimelapse 2.2.1 Private License. You can advise what program would be good to combine scenes, and the right music for this?
#7 Gunther
Just any Video Editing program will do. On windows for example Sony Vegas Moviestudio or Premiere Elements are cheap and good.

...also check out: