• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Motion Control Slider for Time Lapse Rail using LRTimelapse Pro-Timer

Lightbulb
#1 Berdine
Dear LRTimelapse Pro-Timer community,

I designed a motion controller for my time-lapse rail based on the LRTimelapse Pro-Timer. If you are interested please have a look at the following instructable: https://www.instructables.com/id/Motion-...Lapse-Rail

Enjoy!
Berdine
#2 Gunther
Well done! Thank you very much for sharing your extension!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 c_joerg
I also use the flash contact and think that is a very good idea. The mechanics then have the maximum time to calm down.
Which input of the Arduino are you going to? IRQ?
Have you ever tested with very short exposure times?
Do you have a delay between flash contact end and start motor?
#4 Berdine
Please find answer to your question below:

Which input of the Arduino are you going to? IRQ?
- I just use an INPUT_PULLUP on pin 11

Have you ever tested with very short exposure times?
- I have not tested very short exposure time. I made short time-lapse of 10 - 15 s so for the 1000 mm rail I have to move by 2.5 mm and for the 800 mm rail it’s a 2 mm move between shot. It takes much more time to move that distance with the screw driven rail compared to the belt rail. The loop is built in a way that checking for the camera signal is done after the move of the slider is finished. As a result if a signal comes while the stepper motor is still working it will be skipped.

For the belt driven rail at 2 mm, I never went below 1 second but I recon it’s possible to go less than that. For the screw driven rail at 2.5 mm, when I go under 1.5 s a shot is skipped time to time. A 2 seconds interval works fine. Of course if you increase the number of shots to 600 or 800 then the distance to move between shots will be smaller and as a result the time interval could be smaller.

Do you have a delay between flash contact end and start motor?
- No I don’t
#5 c_joerg
At short exposure times, the time of the flash contact is also very short. I put the contact on an external interrupt. As a result, no triggering is lost. In the worst case, I have a slight delay.
The internal pull up resistors are very high-impedance in the ARDUINO. In harsh environments, additional resolutions may occur. Therefore, I still use an external pull up.
#6 Berdine
Thank you very much. A good tip indeed!
#7 Sheeba
Hi Berdine,
that sounds very interesting. I did a similar project:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mot...-und-tlsmc

I have written an extended software for the PT and control a separate Motor Controller Box via I2C bus. Here you can set the start and end position of the slider. With a TL you can then adjust the distance per step. Also features like Distance Ramping are implemented.
Take a look at my last software for the PT regarding saving Display Brightnes and so on. I have implemented a setup mode in which all the parameters to be set can be easily changed and saved automatically.

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-alt...03b-manual

I find your ramping very interesting. I have been working on improving my ramping for some time and will be looking at your version.

Greetings,
Hans

...also check out: