• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Motorized slider

#1 chemsaf
I plan to add a motorized slider with both lateral and rotational motion to my View+ system. Any recommendations for brand or model? Any to avoid?
Thank you.
Neal
#2 mopperle
Hi Neal,

there are a lot of good gears around. An excellent one comes from Black Forest Motion. There is a review on Gunther's website, unfortunately only in German.

Others are Dynamic Perception (I'm using it), Rhino Camera Gear or Emotimo.
I'm quite happy with mine, handling is quite good.
Bigger problem might be whether there is a dealer in your country.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#3 chemsaf
Thank you. I will check them out.
#4 MMeier
Hi Neal

I am very happy with my gear from Black Forest Motion. I have the slider, the pan and tilt head and the controller. The gear is very easy to use and for me also convenient to take along when travelling.

Best regards
Monika
#5 leone
I confirm what MMeier says, I use the PINE R control, I built the mechanical part and I had excellent assistance from blackforestmotion on which motors to use is extremely and intuitive to use.
#6 chemsaf
Thank you all. I decided on the eMotimo gesr
Very happy as I learn to use it.
#7 rodrigo
Hi All,
I just wanted to know if you wouldn't mind to share the settings for a slider, i.e. the speed of travel in relation to the frame interval. I have a Miops Capsule slider 30cm, and did a test by setting the slider at an angle of about 30º, mounted the camera and connected the camera to the slider.
I set the starting and stopping point of travel and set the app on my mobile as follows: 24frps, time of time lapse 15" , interval between shots 2", giving me 360 frames to be taken with the R6, though the time lapse came ok the travel speed was very slow, almost imperceptible.
What I need to work out is the step parameter on the slider, It say in the tech video that a value of 1156=1mm so if I'm moving the slider 300mm what parameter value you reckon I need to set?
Bloody hell, why did Einstein had to pass away?

Kind regards,

Rodrigo

I enclose link to video https://youtu.be/eLO8ErRb2fU
#8 Gunther
I don't know about that slider and controller, but the time of having to calculate angles and steps should be long ago (like 10 years). Since then we have access to stepper motors and modern controllers like Emotimo, Pine, NMX etc. which you can program really intuitively. Just go to the starting point for all motor, set a keyframe, go to the end point, set another, define number of images and interval and go for it. It's as easy as that. Maybe you should consider exchanging your controller it it requires you to calculate stuff. The Pine Controller for example interfaces to many other timelapse sliders and motor heads.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#9 rodrigo
Thanks Gunther, yes I realise that today most gadget are point and shoot as most of the apps cover the conversions, is that I am baffles as how slow the slider moved in relation to the time lapse, incidentally I added the link to the video in question on my previous message

...also check out: