• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mountainscape-, Astro- and Aurora Timelapse

Video
#1 lightpix
As a first post to this forum I proudly present my new timelapse movie: "TEMPUS FUGIT".
It has been a two years work for shooting and composing the sequences. The landcsapes of the movie are located in Austria, Switzerland, Norway and Finland. The movie has been shot with a Canon Eos 5 D Mark II, Canon Eos 1Dx, dynamic perception Stage One dolly and a Merlin panoramahead. Of course processed with lovely LRTimelapse.
I hope you enjoy it!

Nick

[Video: http://vimeo.com/69844748]
#2 jedi1158
That's awesome lightpix, whats even more amazing is the time it took to make it two years that shows dedication and amazing patience. Great TLP
#3 lightpix
(2013-07-09, 15:42)jedi1158 Wrote: That's awesome lightpix, whats even more amazing is the time it took to make it two years that shows dedication and amazing patience. Great TLP

Thank you! :-)
#4 jedi1158
(2013-07-10, 17:22)lightpix Wrote:
(2013-07-09, 15:42)jedi1158 Wrote: That's awesome lightpix, whats even more amazing is the time it took to make it two years that shows dedication and amazing patience. Great TLP

Hey I'm not sure if its to much to ask but can you talk about your post production. Such as did you use adobe after effects or some other program to assemble all your time lapse together to make one movie...Thanks
#5 lightpix
(2013-07-11, 06:16)jedi1158 Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 17:22)lightpix Wrote:

Hey I'm not sure if its to much to ask but can you talk about your post production. Such as did you use adobe after effects or some other program to assemble all your time lapse together to make one movie...Thanks

Oh it is no problem:

Postproduction:

LR Lightroom and lightroom processing of the Raw Files and export to mp4.
Titel as well as the startrails sequences are made in Adobe After Effects (the tutorials for these procedures you can watch here: Startrails (https://vimeo.com/44035278) /Smoke to Fonts Transition (www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0chai-EkBY)

One sequence I had to stabilize a little bit with the program ProDrenalin 1.0 (The one with the burst of aurora, for my Dynamic Perception Stage One dolly rails got covered with ice after one hour in the finish cold and the slider was bumping over it, giving the final sequence some shaking.)

Import to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Import of the music and cutting the files to the music. Some blending transitions, the rest with mere cuts (fits better to the music).

That's it. Two years work for collecting the single sequences, and about one week for the final storyboard and postproduction.

Greetings

Nick

...also check out: