• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Movement within video

#1 chemblob
Hi!

Have a problem. Was trying to search the forum but didn't find an appropriate answer.

I shot a series of pictures without any movement but want to integrate this with LRT. I followed the workflow and set two keyframes. To break things down: keyframe 1 at the beginning is trimmed to the left part of the whole scenery; keyframe 2 at the end is trimmed to the right part of the whole scenery. Wasn't able to use visual preview as the first attempt is made with jpgs (will chance to raw files in the future).
After all further steps I got my video but no movement at all...what do I do wrong?

2nd question: after rendering the render-dialog vanished. How can I do a second rendering of the same material (e.g. different resolution, etc.)?

Thank you very much for any help or advice!
#2 Gunther
First is explained here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kern-burns-effect

Second: just go to "File / Render Video" then "Choose" and select the intermediary sequence (LRT_* folder) that was generated from the LRTExport plugin in the first instance. This will of course only work, if you haven't selected "Delete intermediary sequence after rendering" in the render dialog when rendering the first time.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chemblob
First of all, thank you for your fast reply and help. Sorry that I wasn't able to reply earlier (real life takes to much time!). My second question regarding multiple outcome of one rendering sessions was really helpful!

But still I have problems with movement in my videos. I read the thread you quoted. I tried the usual "recipe" with 100 pictures and was able to get the movement within the first test. Then I wanted to proceed with 1500 pictures and failed somehow...

I had a look at the exported jpgs from LR_Timelapse Plugin of LR and there is still the change of the perspective (= movement). After rendering (final step, settings like recommended) I get a video without any movement. I do not know how this can be: pictures have already the movement inside, but the final video does not. Any help (also in german language) is appreciated. Thank you!
#4 Gunther
If the intermediary JPG files have the crop animation, then final video will too, since the intermediary files will just be assembled to the video. Double check that you are really rendering the right folder!
#5 chemblob
Dear Gunther,
thanks for your reply so far, but my problem still exists. Maybe it is connected to the export function of Lightroom and this "error message":
"Sie exportieren aus einer Sammlung heraus. Dadurch kann LRTExport die Namen für Pfade und Dateinamen nicht automatisch generieren. Mögliche Ursache: Lightroom hat automatisch auf die Sammlung "Vorheriger Import" gewechselt. Lösung: Stellen Sie sicher, dass sie den originalen Ordner mit den Dateien angewählt haben. Sie können das veranlassen, in dem Sie mit der rechten Maustaste auf ein Bild klicken und dann auf "Gehe zu Ordner in Bibliothek".

My general procedure (right now with Simple Workflow of LRTimelapse 4.6, as my initial sequence was shot in jpg mode):
- Import jpgs
- make keyframes: picture 1 and picture 1500
- save
- move to lightroom, select keyframe filter, edit two keyframes
- save metadata to file
- move to LRTimelapse, renew
- make auto transition
- save
- move to Lightroom, select full sequence filter, read metadata from file
- export with LRTimelapse presetting; there the "error message" from above appears
- rendering with LRTimelapse

Still my problem is there: the LRT sequence given by the export of Lightroom has the movement (pan) inside, I double checked the right folder for rendering (but should be already done by LRTimelapse as a direct response comes from LRT). I simply don't get the reason for my problem as i does NOT appear using a small amount of pictures (100 to 200)...

Thanks in advance for comments!
#6 Gunther
To get rid of the message, right click on one of the images and "Go to folder in Library" - like the message suggested. If you export then, you will get a proper foldername. But this does not explain, why you are not seeing the crop animation.
Can you confirm that in LRTimelapse you one or more or the "Crop" columns are visible in the table, after applying the auto transition?
Do you see the crop rectangle move when you playback in LRTimelapse?
#7 chemblob
First of all: thanks a lot of your fast replys, even I do not have the time to check on your comments on a daily base...

"Can you confirm that in LRTimelapse you one or more or the "Crop" columns are visible in the table, after applying the auto transition?
Do you see the crop rectangle move when you playback in LRTimelapse?"

I don't know if I got your questions completely, but I'm trying to answer on them.
After applying the auto transition I have two phenomenons:

1. Using the show timelapse button (play button, left upper corner, using easy workflow) I do NOT have any kind of movement in the preview movie.
But it says "original preview - adaptations not applied"
2. If I'm clicking through the pictures from picture 1 to picture 1500 I DO see a change in the pictures (orange rectangle which is showing different part of the whole picture, moving from left to right).
#8 Gunther
Try right clicking on one of the crop columns in the LRTimelapse table and "Initialize". Then save. Load Metadata into LR (from Grid view/Metadata->Read Metadata). Now export again, the crop movement should be gone.
#9 chemblob
"Try right clicking on one of the crop columns in the LRTimelapse table and "Initialize". Then save. Load Metadata into LR (from Grid view/Metadata->Read Metadata). Now export again, the crop movement should be gone."

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean with "crop columns" and clicking for initalize. I don't understand what's the meaning of "crop movement" should be gone, too. Crop movement is not intended for paning the sequence? Still I have my mysterious problem: using 100 pictures and I get a movement, using 500 pics (same work flow) and I do not have a movement...
#10 Gunther
The columns in the table that are named "Crop xxx" - just right click on the header to get to the menu where you can reset them to get rid of any unwanted animation.

...also check out: