• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MP4.H264 unable to edit in Apple Final cut pro 10.2

#1 bethpapa
hi everyone
I am on LRT private license and with this brilliant software I was able to obtain very nice flicker free UHD mp4 videos.
I would like to take this on step further by importing the video file into apple final cut pro for further editing.
When i try to do so, the video clip was display as black in timeline and further playback in FCP shows nothing.

Output file from LRT = mp4 / H264 codec / ultra high quality / 1080p

can anyone advice me please
Adrian
#2 Gunther
Hi Adrian,
are you using the latest version of final cut?
Try using a lower quality setting when rendering, for example HQ or VHQ (that's good enough, most likely you won't see any difference).
Try checking "force 16:9" too. Let me know, which of those changes makes FCP display the footage.
Did you know, that you can always rerender from LRT by selecting "File/Render" - no need to go though Lightroom again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bethpapa
hi gwegner
Thanks for your prompt reply ... problem had been solved after I updated my FCP to 10.3.1  Smile

Thanks for your tips as well... i recently learn to re-render the video in LRT without going back to the LR. It had been very useful to me.

Thank you for this great software!!!
Regards
Adrian
#4 Faust
(2017-02-04, 13:34)bethpapa Wrote: hi everyone
I am on LRT private license and with this brilliant software I was able to obtain very nice flicker free UHD mp4 videos.
I would like to take this on step further by importing the video file into apple final cut pro for further editing.
When i try to do so, the video clip was display as black in timeline and further playback in FCP shows nothing.

Output file from LRT = mp4 / H264 codec / ultra high quality / 1080p

can anyone advice me please
Adrian
Adrian,

I was not able to work with the MP4 format produced by LRTimelapse using iMovie.  However by using a video convertor, such as MacX (https://macx-video-converter-free-editio...ic.com/mac) the video was OK to work with.  MacX converts for Final Cut, Youtube and others.  Will convert video for use in Microsoft, Apple, Android, Blackberry and Sony devices.
#5 Gunther
Try switching to standard gamut in the LRTimelapse render dialog, if your software does not yet support the wide gamut files that LRTimelapse produces.

Converting afterwards will definitely sacrifice quality, I do not recommend that.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 jcalman
I had the same issue with Final Cut Pro X (FCP-X) not rendering the MP4 H264 out of LRT. I did some experimenting and found the solution. FCP-X is a little less forgiving than Premier Pro in that it wants the 4K file to be in 16:9 format. You can select "force 16:9" in LRT and that will solve the problem. It will render UHD, Wide Gamut (or lesser output quality) as long as you have a 16:9 format. Hope that helps.

...also check out: