• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR5 Rendered Holy Grail sequence has exposure jumps but visual preview looks perfect

#1 joelemail
Mac OS, latest LR5 version.
Primary tool in Lightroom used is clarity, black, white, color saturation.

Shooting sunrise, but sun is out of frame and sky is very overcast, just clouds, so no extremes in exposure, just a slow lightening of the skies.

Visual preview looks great, no flicker, no jumps in exposure. Yet when rendered, bam, there are all the exposure changes, which are done via shutter only.
#2 Gunther
Did you load metadata in Lightroom for the whole sequence from Grid View before exporting?
-> Grid View (G), Select whole sequence, Metadata/Read Metadata from File.
After that re-export and render.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 joelemail
thanks for the fast reply.

yes, after completing visual previews and applying deflicker, in Lightroom 6.8 i filter for the full sequence, select all, read metadata.
then 'go to folder in library' and export.
#4 Gunther
You said that in Visual Previews the sequence is smooth but not in the rendered video. So let's find out where the problem occurs. What about the images in Lightroom - set a filter for >=2 Stars. Then check the 2*/3* transitions - they should look similar because of the holy grail compensations.
#5 joelemail
The 2/3 transitions are NOT the same. Hmmm.

I am creating two sequences from the same images. The primary difference between two sequences is the clarity. The one with clarity set to 'zero' renders perfectly. The one with clarity set to -87 has the holy grail exposure jumps.
#6 Gunther
You shouldn't use clarity, dehaze, white and blacks to such an extent. Those tools in Lightroom are context sensitive, check out: http://lrtimelapse.com/news/use-the-new-...me-lapses/

...also check out: