• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Multiple folder exports - Virtual copies

Bug
#1 greg_priestley
I've been trying to export multiple folders, but kept hitting the "When you export from multiple folders, you need to have all images selected!" error which then aborts the process.

This was because I had a handful of virtual copies of images where I had initially undertaken some initial processing on individual images in the timelapse and then later came back and worked on the entire sequence.

I do not want these virtual copies included in the timelapse as this would completely ruin the timelapse given they are processed in different styles / settings / etc. Hence I filtered to "Master Photos" and then selected all of these images.

But doing this threw up the error message.

To get past the current road block, I had to take a copy of the LR catalog, delete out the virtual copies and then export to LRTimelapse.  I now need to remember to blow away the hacked version of the catalog and restore the initial version.  This is ugly and a disaster waiting to happen and not at all sustainable.

Is there some technical reason for all images having to be selected, or is this just a warning to prevent people shooting themselves in the foot by not selecting all of the images?  Surely a warning with an option to proceed would be a better way to handle for those in a similar scenario.  Surely I can't be the only person who has virtual copies of images in a timelapse?
#2 greg_priestley
Gunther?
#3 Gunther
Virtual Copies are not supported bd LRTimelapse. Have never been. For single folder export you can select the other images like you did, but for multiple folder export this is not possible. Please use single folder export for such cases or remove the virtual copies from the folder. You can use snapshots in LR instead.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: