• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Multiple Output Looks

#1 seanwillinc
I'm wanting to create multiple / different looks from a sequence using the standard Lightroom / LRT workflow. In other words, I want to apply different looks to the RAW files for different output sequences. For example, I want to take the same series of RAW images and make one version sequence that transitions from a b/w to color, as well as a separate sequence that maintains the saturation but gets crazy intense. I'd like to be able to export these and look at them side by side for comparison. I cannot figure out how to do this without copying / duplicating my original RAW files and creating a new catalog within LR, which isn't ideal. Is there anyone who has recommendations on how to maintain / create multiple versions of the same sequence within Lightroom, say, by using Duplicates or Virtual Copies? I simply haven't figured out a way to do this... and I've tried.

Thanks in advance.

SW
#2 Gunther
You can use the snapshot feature in LRTimelapse (Save, Load Snapshots - there are 2 buttons on the top left on the table).
This will allow you to save the whole edits for a sequence and bring them back at any time later.
In Lightroom you will then, after loading another snapshot, you only need to do "Read Metadata from Files" on the whole sequence to bring those edits into Lightroom.

PS: You cannot use Virtual copies when working with LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MMeier
Would snapshot also work when the whole sequence is for example 700 pics and I wish to re-edit with only 300 pics? Just in a case where I am not sure whether I like the whole sequence or not and wish to try if I can improve the edit with only part of the sequence. Of course I can shorten the sequence after the render process but I have a case where I would edit part of the sequence differently and not overwrite the first edit.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
#4 Gunther
No, but you could split the sequence (new folder from selection) and then edit only that port and render (remember to synchronize in Lightroom), and late rejoin (move back) the other images.
#5 MMeier
Thanks Gunther!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
#6 rkenworthy@sbcglobal.net
So I would have to save a snapshot first at start of project in order for it to work is that correct
#7 Gunther
No, you only need to save a snapshot, if you want to preserve a certain edit of a sequence. After saving the snapshot, you can change the edits and later come back to the snapshot.

...also check out: