• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Multiple passes = loss in quality ?

#1 Renaud
Hi,

Gunther, I just read in a forum post from you regarding the use of LRT with Timelapse+ view :
"Advantages of using LRTimelapse over a plain workflow with the View's xml Files are (...)
Visual Deflicker will remove any residual flicker, you can even do multiple passes without any loss in quality."

Does that mean that, in regular workflow -without Timelapse+ view-, multiple passes have an impact of the quality ?

Thanks
#2 Gunther
No. In LRTimelapse multiple deflicker passes will always be calculated into one correction Value which will then be the basis for the development. That means, it doesn't matter, how many passes you do.

Please read my quote regaring the TL+ View carefully. Option one was using the XMPs that TL View creates and no LRTimelapse. View itself will do a basic deflicker, but you cannot interfere.

Option two was to use LRTimelapse - this would allow to use the powerful visual deflicker even with multiple passes this is lossless.

Of course you can combine both: shoot with the view, LRT will take over its XMPs then you can continue with the regular LRT processing (of course incl. Multipass deflicker). But from my experience it's not worth the effort using the XMPs from the View, just pass the sequences directly into LRT.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Renaud
OK, clear, thanks Gunther

...also check out: