• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MultipleWorkflows and Edits from Same set of RAW exposures

#1 GeorgeUSA
Hello:

I would like to take a series of RAW photos with my intervalometer, but would like to edit them more than once with the LRTimelapse. It seems there is quite a bit of skill and judgement involved in doing workflow of LRTimelapse, including selecting keyframes, and in editing the key frames.

I might want to edit the same set of RAW images several times for several different time lapses, to get the best result, after I return from a trip to South America next week.

This would also allow me to make a test, of first trial, workflow, on location, without having to worry I have made the right decisions that workflow. What I could do instead is concentrate on getting the right RAW images in the first place.

How do I do this? Do I merely import the RAW images, in the first place, with the LRLightroom importer, and then follow the directions on how to work if the images are already imported?

Thanks for your help. Getting ready to purchase the professional version.

George Paul
#2 Gunther
I'm not sure if I undersand you correctly. You would like to edit one timelapse sequence in different ways?
One option would be to work with Snapshots in LRTimelapse. You can create a snapshot (basically saving the whole editing of a sequence) and reload it later. This way you could switch between sets of XMP files.
You only shoudl make sure to change the output names of the intermediary sequence then, when exporting via LRTExport from Lightroom since usually the intermediary sequence will get named automatically as the original sequence.

To creat another edit, just save the current one as snapshot, then reedit the keyframes, redo the second row in LRTimelapse and then in Lightroom "Read Metadata from Files" for the whole sequence. Export via LRTExport and remember to add a suffix to the foldername to not overwrite the old one.
You can do as many snapshots as you want.

PS: Please shorten your username, since it breaks the display. You can do so via the User CP on the top right here in the forum.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 GeorgeUSA
Thanks for the quick reply. I have printed this out and will learn how to work with snapshots. I have tried to edit my username, but am not sure how to do that. I apologize. You have my permission, if your administrative powers allow it, to change my username to GeorgeUSA. Thanks again!
#4 GeorgeUSA
When in the LRTimelapse workflow do you create a snapshot, so you can have the flexibility you mention? Thanks!
#5 Gunther
Hi George, first of all I've changed your username. Use the new one when logging in.
You can create a snapshot whenever you want, mostly it would make sense after finishing the LRTimelapse workflow (at the end of the second row, before going to Lightroom for export).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 GeorgeUSA
Thanks much Mr. Wegner. This makes sense to me now!

...also check out: