• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Must XMP be "initialized"?

#1 CloudLapser
Hi all,
Magic Lantern has a new workflow for producing flicker free timelapses while "Exposing To The Right" automatically, and producing a XMP sidecar that corrects for the exposure jumps produced by the shutter speed and ISO changes.
Can I keep these XMP files, then start LRTimelapse AFTER this first adjustment done by ML?
This would mean my first step would not be "Initialize"...
Is this possible?
#2 Gunther
I would not recommend that. The initialization is important to get consistent results afterwars.
But nevertheless, LRTimelapse should be able to compensate for that changes as well - I mean that's nothing other then the Holy Grail Method I've introduced with LRTimelapse. So you might be able to use the so shot sequence and just run it through LRTimelapse to get the compensations done (if ML writes the Exif data correctly that should work).

Since I don't have ML because I don't shoot canon I cannot test it by myself, so if you don't mind sending me one of those sequences, I would like to give it a test.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CloudLapser
(2013-06-28, 18:57)gwegner Wrote: I would not recommend that. The initialization is important to get consistent results afterwars.
But nevertheless, LRTimelapse should be able to compensate for that changes as well - I mean that's nothing other then the Holy Grail Method I've introduced with LRTimelapse. So you might be able to use the so shot sequence and just run it through LRTimelapse to get the compensations done (if ML writes the Exif data correctly that should work).

Since I don't have ML because I don't shoot canon I cannot test it by myself, so if you don't mind sending me one of those sequences, I would like to give it a test.

Yes, as soon as I get a good sequence where the XMP files actually do what the guys at Magic Lantern claim it does, I will send you a sequence....
#4 Andy Schonfelder
Here's an ETTR sequence thats worked, besides the fly on the lens and the motion control giving up towards the end. But the ETTR works, as does the post deflicker. I'll send over some raws+xmps if you're interested.

[Video: http://vimeo.com/70928297]

Sample RAWs + XMPs - http://we.tl/SAd61XM50M
#5 Gunther
Hi Andy,
that looks good. Could you send me that sequence as RAW for testing via Dropbox or similar? Would be much appreciated!
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: