• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My metadata can't be written by LRTimelapse no matter what I do.

#11 Gunther
Another thing: please really make sure you are working on the same files! First time I imported your file, I accidently chose "Import" not "Add" and so Lightroom created a copy on another location!

If you work with LRTimelapse it's crucial that you are working on the physically same files! Please double check that!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 ketterman
(2013-02-21, 23:21)gwegner Wrote: I don't think so. I added your file to my catalog and everything worked. Could you test it with a new, empty catalog? Maybe Lightroom is irritated because you have the corresponding CR2 in the catalog too?

Hi Gunther,

Ok, I tried adding the files to a new, empty LR catalog. That did not work. I tried reconverting the DNG files again to the latest camera raw compatibility... that did not work.

For some reason LR does not want to read the xmp files for the DNG files. It will for the original .CR2 files, but not the DNG files. I really want to figure this out. I've got a lot of time lapse sequences I've shot and converted entirely into DNG files and I've since discarded the .CR2 files.

Any more ideas?
#13 Gunther
I honestly am out ouf ideas, since I could work with your DNG file without any problems! Have you tried it on another computer? Are you using the latest Lightroom version?
#14 ketterman
(2013-02-25, 11:56)gwegner Wrote: I honestly am out ouf ideas, since I could work with your DNG file without any problems! Have you tried it on another computer? Are you using the latest Lightroom version?

I am using LR 4.3 and Camera Raw 7.3. Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Just tried it on an alternate Mac that I have. The same issue persists. LR will not read the xmp data for the DNG files. It will read the xmp data for the original .CR2 raw files.

What are we missing here? Is there some setting in LR in regards to how it handles xmp data for DNG files?
#15 Gunther
It's really strange that it works with your file on my machine.

These are my Lightroom catalog metadata settings:
[Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/web/img...h46_15.png]
#16 ketterman
(2013-02-25, 20:47)gwegner Wrote: It's really strange that it works with your file on my machine.

Ok, messing around with it a little more. I adjusted some exposures in LR, saved the metadata and then reloaded it in LRT. LRT is seeing changes to the xmp. The only thing that seems to be not working is LR seeing changes made to xmp files in LRT when applied to DNG files.

Can you please provide any more assistance with this?
#17 Gunther
I assume that Lightroom makes kind of a timestamp check to decide if it will load changed Metadata or not. If the external metadata (xmp) is younger than the record in it's own database it should normally detect it as changed (an exclamation mark appears near the images) and would offer to load metadata.

Another thing is that xmp data is normally embedded into DNG files according to the adobe specifications. However Lightroom loads external xmp data from XMP files if they are present. So LRTimelapse does not embed the XMP data into the DNGs instead it writes the separate XMP files.

In your case Lightroom might be ignoring the XMP files and to load the embedded data - if at all. This could be a timestamp issue as well.

As I told you I'm really running out of ideas. Check the filenames (XMP-filename = DNG filename), check the foldernames for any special characters...
#18 In A Garage
Workflow help!

Trying to import folder into Lightroom V.5. after initializing and saving in LRTimelapse The images won't show in preview (Grid view/Library), and I don't see a menu that says "read file metadata".

Images shot Raw+Jpeg on Panasonic GH4

I would appreciate anyone's help!
#19 Gunther
Grid-View (G) / Select all (Ctrl-A) then Menu: Metadata/Load Metadata from Files
#20 In A Garage
Does having the Pro version of LR Timelapse solve this problem? Also, can you use LR Timelapse as a stand alone application.

Thank you!

...also check out: