• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My sequence is already in Lightroom, how does this change the workflow?

#1 Gunther
If your sequence is already in Lightroom, you won't be using the LRTimelapse importer (this is only for copying from the memory card). Just select the folder in the folder tree.

Apart from this, the "Drag-to-Lightroom" step will not work, since Lightroom will identify the images as already imported. This is no problem either, you have two options:

1. If you didn't edit the images yet or are fine redoing them - this is the scenario that I'd recommend - just remove the folder from the Lightroom Lightroom catalog (right mouse on the folder in Lightroom, remove) - your images will stay on the harddrive) and just do the regular workflow.
    When doing the drag-drop at the end of the first workflow row, you will bring the images back into Lightroom.
  2. If your images have been already edited in Lightroom, LRTimelapse will try to take over the edits and try to add its own initializations as you progress through the first row of the workflow.
    In this case do the first workflow row but then don't drag-drop the sequence to Lightroom. Instead after saving in LRT go to Lightroom, select the whole sequence in Grid View (G, Ctrl.-A) then "Read metadata from files". After that, continue with the workflow as ususally.
I'd definitely recommend the first option. It's easier, faster and more secure.

In the future I'd recommend to consider using the LRTimelapse importer instead of Lightroom to import from the SD Card. It's faster, saves the time of generating previews later and has some special features especially for time lapse photographers.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 Pipobike
Hi Gunther

I am about to purchase LRT, but doing some tests first.

I am on macOS High Sierra and Lr CC Classic, but normally, I prefer the import workflow by Bridge, it feels 1000x faster than Lr.

Since 1999 I have already my own structure $HOME/Pictures/YYYY/YYYY-MM-DD_EventName or on external disks the same, just without the $HOME.

I didn't yet get the workflow, how to use already existing Lightroom imports in LRT without producing any annoying redundancy.

LRT want's always an import FROM -> TO Sad There is no "just use the existing DNGs on disk".

I have them already imported, sorted, renamed to my Originalname-YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS.orig_extension scheme.

Unfortunately, you suggestions above didn't help me to get it. Please help, really will appreciate.

Oh man, can't believe it, that I can not handle my own such a per se trivial workflow easily and without asking for help...

Best regards,
Roland

PS: Ist Deutsch auch OK?
#3 Gunther
Hi, the LRTimelapse importer is only, if you want to copy from the memory card of your camera. So don't use it at all, when your images are on the harddrive already.

Just load the sequence into LRTimelapse by selecting it in the folder tree - then perform the regular workflow.
Since the files are already in Lightroom, skip the "drag to Lightroom", which would invoke the Lightroom importer, instead just go to grid view, make sure that the filter is set to "Full sequence", select all images and do "Metadata/Read Metadata from files". Now you can continue the workflow -> Filter for keyframes, edit them, etc. as described on https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow and in my tutorials.

PS: Für deutsche Anfragen gibt es extra deutsche Boards: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-deutsch
#4 Pipobike
Many thanks for your reply.

What I do not find in the workflow link of your reply, is, how to get the existing images into LRT.

Of course I have been searching for this first of anything else, but I can't find it...

Really would appreciate your help.
#5 Gunther
You don't need to import anything into LRTimelapse. Just click on the folder in the main folder tree on the left side in LRTimelapse, this will load the sequence. There is no database in LRTimelapse like you have it in Lightroom. That means you just load the folder.
#6 GeorgeUSA
DUMB QUESTION?: Been reviewing the forum and think this thread is the most related to my question here.

I have successfully created. exported and rendered timelapses according to all the directions for using LRTimelapse. I use the LRTimelapse import function.

The timelapse I have in mind is pretty good. But I want to make a new, rendered timelapse using the same RAW images that are in the folder on my external hard drive, but developing them differently, or indeed doing different things creatively.

But the Raw images in that folder have already been "developed" in Lightroom, then exported and rendered.

How do I just start over, so I can try something different with the same sequence of RAW images I originally shot? Just start the Workflow over from the beginning. I want to do new key frames and develop things differently.

Thanks much!
#7 Gunther
If you want to save the old settings for later: save a snapshot in Lrtimelapse. Snapshot / Save Snapshot.

Then in Lrtimelapse do metadata / initialize to set everything back to default.

Do the first workflow row, then instead of dragging to Lightroom, select the full sequence in Grid View and do metadata / read metadata from files.

Continue with the workflow as usually.

Sent mobile...
#8 GeorgeUSA
Thank you!

I have been wondering how to do this for quite some time and this answers it. I bet many other of your licensees are wondering the same thing so perhaps you could highlight this more prominently in your documentation. Thank you for taking the time to answer. Good luck and stay healthy!

...also check out: