• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need to install 2 versions of firmware?

#1 richparry
Gunther's instructions to flash the TP-Link wireless router end after the "factory" firmware is installed. But I believe the instructions also "hint" that after the "factory" firmware is installed, the "sysupgade" firmware needs to be installed. Gunther doesn't provide those instructions so I wonder if I am missing something.

I have a brand new TP-Link version 2.1, can someone confirm that first time users need to install both the "factory" and "sysupgrade" firmware.

I have installed these:
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Rich in San Diego,CA
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#2 hubaiz
(2013-09-23, 03:36)richparry Wrote: Gunther's instructions to flash the TP-Link wireless router end after the "factory" firmware is installed. But I believe the instructions also "hint" that after the "factory" firmware is installed, the "sysupgade" firmware needs to be installed. Gunther doesn't provide those instructions so I wonder if I am missing something.

I have a brand new TP-Link version 2.1, can someone confirm that first time users need to install both the "factory" and "sysupgrade" firmware.

I have installed these:
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Rich in San Diego,CA

You only need to install the 'factory' image if you have the original TP-Link firmware on the router.
The 'sysupgrade' image is used when you already have OpenWrt on the router and you are updating it.

...also check out: