• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nepal - Annapurna Trekking

#1 lerroy
Hi all

I have just finished re-editing my video with the help of LR-timelapse, to remote the flicker i had on about 40% of the movie, its far from perfect but im happy with the improvements.

Video was shot whilst trekking in Nepal, with Canon 5D MK2 and various lenses, All pans done in software with AE.

Comments and critique welcome.

[Video: http://www.vimeo.com/28254943]

Jody

#2 Gunther
Great! A huge improvement versus the first version!
Though there are still some minor glitches, I'm sure you could remove them with LRTimelapse as well.
That video is well worth the effort!

Best regards
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lerroy
(2011-09-04, 12:57)gwegner Wrote: Great! A huge improvement versus the first version!
Though there are still some minor glitches, I'm sure you could remove them with LRTimelapse as well.
That video is well worth the effort!

Best regards
Gunther

I know its asking allot, but would it be possible to point out glitches would help me get it sorted.
#4 Gunther
These are really small things, but to make it 100% you should fix them.

Mainly I saw some transitions between sequences that could simply be improved in the video-editing by cutting some frames from the beginning or the end. There are some very hard cuts.

0:15 transition
0:38 transition
0:44 darker frame
1:15 jump
1:17 darker frame
2:20f camera movement (I don't think you can fix that)
3:05 movement (cut it before)
3:18 focus (remove initial frames)

most things can be fixed by removing some frames at the beginning or the end. Maybe you could try to a short crossfade between some sequences to soften the transitions a little bit.

But as I said these are really corrections on a high level.

BTW: I would export the movie with much higher bitrate - there is a lot of banding and compression artefacts in the HD version on Vimeo. If you export from After Effects make sure to export a way higher bitrate.

Best regards
Gunther
#5 lerroy
(2011-09-04, 17:18)gwegner Wrote: These are really small things, but to make it 100% you should fix them.

Mainly I saw some transitions between sequences that could simply be improved in the video-editing by cutting some frames from the beginning or the end. There are some very hard cuts.

0:15 transition
0:38 transition
0:44 darker frame
1:15 jump
1:17 darker frame
2:20f camera movement (I don't think you can fix that)
3:05 movement (cut it before)
3:18 focus (remove initial frames)

most things can be fixed by removing some frames at the beginning or the end. Maybe you could try to a short crossfade between some sequences to soften the transitions a little bit.

But as I said these are really corrections on a high level.

BTW: I would export the movie with much higher bitrate - there is a lot of banding and compression artefacts in the HD version on Vimeo. If you export from After Effects make sure to export a way higher bitrate.

Best regards
Gunther

thanks ill look at better transitions and your list, Im fairly new to AE Smile

I exported at 6mbps, and i read somewhere that vimeo only does 5mbps anyway

how do you render your movies ? from what i have read AE doesnt do a great job with h.264

im going to export uncompressed quicktime animation and then use sorenson squeze see if that helps.

#6 Gunther
(2011-09-05, 03:58)lerroy Wrote: I exported at 6mbps, and i read somewhere that vimeo only does 5mbps anyway

how do you render your movies ? from what i have read AE doesnt do a great job with h.264

I've not made bad experiences with after effects. Try setting the bitrate higher (i.e. avg. 20, Max 40) and let Vimeo do it's job in converting. Since it will convert anyway (on vimeo standard) it's better to feed in less compressed material.

Quote:im going to export uncompressed quicktime animation and then use sorenson squeze see if that helps.
I think that won't be necessary.
#7 apsphoto
Great timelapse, really enjoyed it.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA. USA

...also check out: