• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

NEW! LRTimelapse Pro Timer free Max + Manual

#1 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,
After my firmware LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_Free1.11 almost reached the limit of the available space of the UNO, I was looking for ways to use a microcontroller with more space. The solution was to use an Arduino MEGA 2560. But since the original MEGA 2560 board is a lot bigger than the UNO board, I decided to use a MEGA 2560 mini and to develop a special board on which all components for the ProTimer are housed, so no soldering required!! This board is a bit bigger than the UNU board, but fits the space requirements of the UNO board including the plug and the switch.
To make the construction even easier, I got support from the forum user Wolfgang Pernet, who has extended the 3D keypad so that it can be attached to the display. Many thanks to Wolfgang, who also provides the STM file of the keypad.
With space now in abundance, I combined my LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_Free1.11 firmware version with the LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_Free_SMC_1.13 release and some enhancements, and created an “all-in-one” version.

Here is a functions overview of this all in one PTM Software

The new LRT Pro Timer MAX is all in one:
Intervalometer
Motion Timelapse Controller
Focus Stacking Controller
Camera Trigger via Sensors for Timelapse, Single Exposure and high-Speed Capturing

Pro Timer Max Features:

• Hardware Features
• Compact mainboard with all components
• 2 camera ports for synchronized recording
• Camera port 2 alternatively for communication with TLSMC or connection of sensors
• Internal power supply via a 9V battery
• External power supply 9 - 12V

• All functions of the firmware Pro Timer free 1.10 available (Intervalometer)
• Timelapse (M) and Timelpase Bulb (Astro)
• Single and Bulb Exposure
• Setup menu with many settings
• Event controlled Timelapse and single exposure via connectable sensors
• for example, Construction progress TL and recording only on day with light sensor
• Single Exposure triggered via light sensor -> Flashlight capturing
• Alternatively, flash control via sensor triggered -> high speed capture

• All functions of the firmware LRT Pro Timer Free SMC (Motion Timelapse)

• A connected TLSMC is detected automatically
• Motion Timelapse with TLSMC
• Distance ramping
• 2 & 3 axes timelapse in combination with a panorama head (Syrp Genie Mini)
• Constant slider drive with adjustable speed (video recording)
•NEW!! Focus stacking with 0.1mm increments (especially for macro stacking)

• Simple construction without soldering!!
• The PTM board contains all components
• Mounting in the housing using the nuts on the camera jacks
• Keypad is a 3D printing part

In the attached PDF you can find detailed information about the PTM Board. I will build a pair of samples, calculate and then offer you the finished board. Also, I will make all files such as software and 3D printing file available.

Shortly I will also present my new version of the TLSMC, which includes some improvements and is specifically designed for use with the PTM.

If you are interested and if you have any questions, please PM or email.
Regards, Hans

Update Pro Timer Max.
I offer you the ready constructed and tested board for 29,50 €.
The display to be used is identical to the previous version of the Pro Timer.
Attached you will find the software which can also test on a MEGA 2560 board with display. Also attached is the STL file as Zip! by Wolfgang Pernet, which you can easily adapt to your case.

Update:
Version 1.14 Now you can start an Ease out in the Setting Screen, no matter if only one Ease in or Ease in / out has been set. This allows you to finish a TL with Ease in / out earlier with an Ease out.
The new version 1.14 can be found in the appendix
In addition, I have created a manual which can also be found in the appendix

Update:
Version 1.16 Improvements for positioning the 1st and last focus point. You can now drive the slider by 0.1mm by briefly pressing the buttons.
Attached Files

.zip   LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_MAX_1_16.zip (Size: 34.82 KB / Downloads: 191)
.pdf   LRTimelpase Pro Timer MAX Manual_1_14_en.pdf (Size: 796.6 KB / Downloads: 366)
.pdf   LRT_Pro_Timer_MAX_en.pdf (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 417)
.zip   TastenBl_L_lang_PDA.zip (Size: 35.83 KB / Downloads: 164)
#2 yimiblu
What an extraordinary job you are doing!
Your project has advanced in an extraordinary way. Congratulations!
This last version seems to be really a perfect product for anyone who wants an all-in-one tool that is really portable, simple, and well thought out. And I love how compact it looks.

I already enjoy one of your previous versions and I am delighted for now, but I hope to continue enjoying your present and future inventions.

In combination with your TLCMC2.0 you do not need more to enjoy many hours of photographic experimentation, advanced timelapse, etc.

You have my ovation.

J.
#3 Sheeba
Javi, thank you for your nice Feedback,
Hans
#4 ramigrafx
Hi Hans, This looks very interesting. I am looking forward to the build.
Richard
#5 Sheeba
Hi Richard, thanks for your feedback. It would be very interesting to see how my implementation of the Focus Stacking feature meets your requirements and how it works with your hardware. The PCBs with the latest changes are currently in production. In about 2 weeks devices will be available. Let me know if that would be interesting for you.
Hans
#6 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
Received all of the parts. Thank you. Should be testing it shortly
Could you let me know the source of the enclosure which is smaller than the one I have. Is it 3D prnted?
Richard
#7 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
I have just started to test the LRTimelapse Pro Timer free Max. The delay setup works ok on this ( see comments that I made yesterday regarding version 1.13 TLCS Edition). It works as it should as timelapse control. However, when I connect it to either of the fully working TLSMCs ( probably v 1.06) that I have, the device does not detect the TLSMC so I cannot do anymore testing.
I have tried MAX v 1.1 and MAX v1.13. Both the same. Maybe the board?
Regards,
Richard
#8 Sheeba
Hi Richard, so that a connected TLSMC is detected, you need to set the configuration of the Cam Port 2 in Mode Setup in the screen "Cam 2 Port Setup" to "TLSMC connect". Then it should work. I had to change that because the PTM now a camera, a TLSMC or sensors can be connected. A manual for the PTM is in progress.
I would be happy to get some feedback
Thanks, Hans
#9 ramigrafx
Hi members of this forum,
Firstly I must thank Gunther for his original conception of the ProTimer Free and the extra ordinary work done by Hans in developing the hardware and the software.
I use Hans’s designs for working a 1000mm long rail for timelapse, and a 160mm rail for focus stacking. With his latest design he has combined the Pro Timer Free and the Pro Timer Free EXT software into one which will not only work for timelapse but for focus stacking as well. I have just finished building my first LRT Pro Timer MAX and needed an enclosure for it. I have designed one which can be printed on your own 3d printer.
I have dispensed with the battery in this design because in use it will always be used in conjunction with a 12 volt supply for the stepper motor.
The original design for the buttons that Hans supplied was by Wolfgang Pernet. I have modified this to have all of the 6 buttons. The right one for resetting is flush with the top of the enclosure to prevent accidentally pressing it.
The buttons can be fixed to the display with a bit of adhesive tape.
A small strip of plastic is glued to the underside of the left side of the display board to support that end of it. ( An old credit card is the correct thickness).
The circuit board is held in place with the nuts on the camera and i2c sockets and the other end supported with bits of plastic foam padding.
There is a hole in the box for easy connection to a usb cable for updating the software without opening the box.
The lid of the box is secured with M3 bolts and nuts, so the whole box can be very easily dismantled.

Ramigrafx
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Top&bottom-LRT Pro Timer MAX no battery box.zip (Size: 68.21 KB / Downloads: 58)
.zip   5 long 1 short buttons.zip (Size: 45.65 KB / Downloads: 45)
#10 Sheeba
Hi Richard,
The housing for the PTM looks very good as well. Congratulations !!
You have expanded the buttons and also made the reset button accessible from the outside. You should think again, because I think that is very dangerous. Normally it is not necessary to press the reset button. But if it is accessible from the outside, there is a danger of unintentionally activating it. A running timelapse would be canceled !!! I have never needed the Reset button. If the PT hangs once (which has never happened to me) you can switch the PT off and on again.
Regarding keys, I have designed a design that also compensates for the distance to the keys and you do not have to cut a credit card !! (See attachement)
P.S. I have uploaded a new firmware for the TLSMC and the PTM in the appropriate threads. The improvements relate to the positioning of the 1st and last focus point. You can now drive the slider by 0.1mm by briefly pressing the buttons.
Regards,
Hans
Attached Files

.zip   Buttons.zip (Size: 109.12 KB / Downloads: 58)

...also check out: