• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Motion Controller ahead - Black Forest Motion PINE

#11 Flossyrockstar
Does anyone think this will be as good as the SYRP genie II?
#12 wco81
Seems like a controller for other motion control devices?

So the advantage over using the other motion control devices is that it has a better app? Or maybe a lot of these other motion control devices don't have mobile app. interfaces at all?
#13 Gunther
The Pine is quite stable now and in fact a motion controller that I use frequently.
In comparison to others it has a very good app, 4 axis, professional connectors and a very good support.
You can connect basically any slider or p/t that is driven by a stepper motor and where you can plug an external controller.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 wco81
The bundles I see on Kickstarter are the Pine unit by itself for 400 Euros, a bundle with a Nic O Tilt pan and tilt head for 1449 Euros and a Photogrammetry bundle for 2000 Euro.

They have some other bundles on their website:

https://blackforestmotion.com/product/pi...lt-bundle/

So it appears you need third third-party devices which people may or may not already have.

The pan and tilt bundles seem like they would more or less provide comparable functionality to Gigapans? So you would do multi row panos, motion time lapses and gigapixel images, all automated?
#15 Gunther
Yes, but you can also use other 3rd party units as sliders and for pan Tilt. For example the dynamic perception tools or others.
And yes, the controller is capable of doing panorama, Astro tracking etc.
#16 wco81
The controller by itself doesn’t do the movement right?

Pretty costly at 400€ though 249€ for the LITE is better.

Of course I’m a newbie on motion control so maybe it’s a breakthrough price for all I know, especially if it delivers full automTion, ability to configure preset movements and save those presets,, etc.
#17 Gunther
The controller controls the movement but has no motors built in.
#18 wco81
"The controller controls the movement but has no motors built in."

So the bundles they sell, like their controllers paired with pan/tilt heads, would basically allow you to program the captures using their app?

For instance, they sell the PT pan/tilt head with their controller in a bundle. But as far as I can tell, that pan/tilt head could be controlled directly by PT's own app (thought I don't see it in the US iOS App. Store) or the NMX Motion app (which is available).

So is PINE essentially providing better app. control and offering integration with different motion-control products?
#19 Gunther
No, the Pine is another controller, just like a competitor to the NMX bit with different Firmware/Connections/Features etc. and an own app.
If you buy the bundles they offer, everything will run ou of the box. If you already have motorized motion control units for other brands, you might be able to use them too with the right cables, that they also supply.
#20 gavin1f4
What would be the best 3 axis motion slider setup that you can buy without a controller to use the pine controller? If you had to choose one other than the bundles they offer what would everyone choose?

...also check out: