• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Processor for LRT

#1 steveaxford
I am having speed trouble on my processor with LRT.  I am using 42mp images in Lightroom and up to 1000 images to LRT. This is very slow.   It would also be good to be able to produce 4k video output.
My current system is 64 bit Windows 10 running on a 3.4GHz i7-4770 CPU with 16GB of memory and a 256GB SSD.  What would you recommend as a good configuration for what I want to do.

Thanks
Steve
#2 Gunther
Hi Steve, that processes just take time. Even with a workstation you would have to wait a bit. The slowest part is exporting from Lightroom, only Adobe can speed up this. I recommend to do the whole editing of multiple sequences then leave the computer for exporting and rendering at night.

Basically your system configuration is not bad. You have enough memory, you have a fast SSD and a fairly fast processor. Of course you could get a even faster processor, but this would be quite expensive and in my opinion not really boost the speed in a way that would justify the expenses.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 steveaxford
Thanks Gunther. I think a bigger SSD may help and maybe some more memory. I often try to do a lot at once in my machine and it doesn't like it.
#4 Gunther
That sounds reasonable.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: