• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 6.5 not launching

#1 avrweb
Hi to everybody,

I have downloaded LRTimelapse 6.5, but it does not start. The launch screen appears, but after 2 or 3 seconds, it disappears with no error and the program does not start. I have the latest adobe DNG converter and lightroom. What could I do?

Thanks in advance

PD: LRTimelapse 6.1.2 starts correctly
#2 Gunther
Can you please try restarting the computer after installing 6.5.
See if it works then.
If not, please launch via the cmd file in c:\program files\lrtimelapse 6\lrimelaose.cmd

Copy/Paste the output that you get in the terminal window here.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 sjones1011
I had the same situation on my Windows 11 machine and 6.5 would freeze and not load on start-up. After trying several different things, I determined that the breakdown was occurring in loading the installed Java SE runtime v19 that is installed with LRTimelapse in C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6\jre.

I downloaded the most current SE runtime version (v20.0.1) from Oracle and installed. Please note that the standalone .v20 installation I did is not accessed by LRTimelapse as it uses its own internal runtime copy in C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6\jre.

I then replaced the C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6\jre containing Java SE v19 with the jre directory (v20.0.1) from the standalone installation under Program Files to upgrade LRTimelapse's dedicated copy to v20.0.1.

For whatever reason, this solved the problem for me and LRTimelapse 6.5 worked fine after that based on upgrading the internal LRTimelapse version to the newest v20.0.1. This indicates a bug in the supplied Java SE runtime that is affecting a small number of machines.
#4 avrweb
That was the very problem. JRE included is not properly working wit LRTimelapse 6.5 it threw an exception which I could only see once I executed LRTimelapse.cmd

Thanks to you both so much!!
#5 Gunther
Okay, strange that this only affects some machines. Cannot reproduce it here. I will update the embedded JRE in the next LRTimelapse Update.
Best subscribe to the beta channel in the Settings to receive it as soon as it's available.
#6 Gunther
I think that it might be a certain module missing in the embedded Java Runtime that certain computers require.
But to figure out which one, I would need the log after launching the original 6.5 via the cmd file from someone that is experiencing this problem. That might enable me to fix it in the next release.
Thank you!

...also check out: