• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New version wipes out all edits

#1 billwood@ameritech.net
Hi Gunter,

I run an Imac Pro calibrated with X-rite pro.
Since I upgraded to the new version (5.5.3) I have had the problem of faded videos. When I bring unedited photos into LRTL, do the keyframing , save and then go into Lightroom CC version 10 work on the keyframes and then reload into LRTL and finish. If I render the video from LRTL it is flat. If I go back into Lightroom and export through LRTL I also get a flat video.
Today I tried to hack the system and first did all my edits in Lightroom and saved them to all files, then I went into LRTL, found the files and clicked on the file in the tree. The files loaded and I then pressed Keyframe wizard and saved. I then went back to Lightroom went to Full Sequence, gridview, Control A and Read Metadata from file. The files all reverted to the original unedited state.
This is essentially what has been happening all this time. the reason that my videos are flat is that my edits are not being saved to the metadata.
As an aside I notice in your YouTube videos on your computer screen, Exposure and all the other edits your made are seen. That is not the case with me. The only edit that is listed is Exposure.
I am attaching screen-shots.
I hope you can help me as I have enjoyed your magnificent software for a long time and hope to do so in the future.

Bill

I just tried taking the unedited files from Lightroom, opening the folder in LRTL, doing Keyframes, saving and going back to Lightroom going to Full s, Gridview, Ctrl A and read metadata. The attached screenshot shows what I get. The files as the metadata is read are destroyed. The top dark ones are ones where the metadata has been read, the colored ones are the raw files in the original folder. The photo on the right depicts the issue.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi Bill, 5.5.3 is not the current version. It would be 5.5.5 - but I'd recommend, that you try the latest beta and see if this is fixed: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrti...a-feedback
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 billwood@ameritech.net
So I upgraded to 5.5.6 beta. I changes my work-flow and imported from my SD card to a folder I set up on an external hard drive. Followed your directions. It was very intuitive. Keyframed, saved and dragged into Lightroom. Edited the Keyframe saved metadata and reloaded in LRTL. Back to Lightroom, exported using LRTL and voila it's perfect!! I have no idea what was going on, but I will continue to use the new import from SD card workflow.
My main passion is Milky Way captures. With the new workflow I can import from my SD card into Lightroom to a separate folder and do my stacking in Starry Landscape Stacker without messing up my time-lapse sequence if I want to do further work on it.
Thank you, Gunter, for your quick reply as usual! All the best. Bill

...also check out: