• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Zealand over the Years

#1 jedfromnz
Howdy there team.

So I’ve finally got round to peicing together a bunch of my timelapse sequences from around my country. It’s been a work in progress and a labour of love over the last few years. My job is rather demanding and family life has been full noise so my time outdoors is abit limited.

Anyways feel free to view, comment, tell me what’s wrong or needs improving etc.

Again cheers heaps Gunther for making this incredible platform and software.

Enjoy team ?

Josh

https://youtu.be/oPUiELrdR0U?si=QTJ40qgmSf7GW_RJ
#2 Gunther
Hi Josh, those are some beautiful timelapses, well done technically and aesthetically.
My main criticism would be the audio track, which doesn't do the images any justice. At the beginning I thought there was no sound at all, cranked up my speakers and was disturbed by the rumbling noise and then that very loud and very artificial sounding soundtrack started which honestly, I didn't enjoy listening to.
I would recommend you to rethink the music. You put so much effort in the timelapses, hours of work editing and certainly days shooting only to ruin it with a cheap, most likely free soundtrack. I'm not saying there are no good free pieces of music available, but they are hard to find these days. I'd look further or even invest some bucks for a good soundtrack. Check out platforms like artlist or audioblocks. Make sure the music fits to the images and mood you want to create.
The sound is a really important aspect of any film!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jedfromnz
Cheers heaps Gunther for your quick reply, it’s impressive to see you so active amongst the forums. Appreciate this.

So yea definitely the audio was abit of a funny one, I sorta wanted to change things up just abit from the norm, I did realise that it was quite a departure and I was second guessing myself a lot on that one.
So cheers for pointing that out, confirms what I thought.
Yea the starting and ending audio was a wind sound file. I wanted the opening and ending scenes to kind of emphasise the solitude of capturing timelapse around the country in isolated areas with just me and the camera, that probably was abit of a misstep but it was intentional.

Again cheers for the reply, and yup definitely a lot of hours, days and weeks refining the shooting and movement craft. Many disasters and mis-shoots.

But it’s the end product that is always the best part.

...also check out: