• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Zealand Sunset at Hawke's Bay Winery

Video
#1 ryanjenningsnz
Here's a timelapse video of a sunset to promote this winery restaurant opening for Friday nights. It will be shown to the lunchtime crowd via QRCodes on their menu.

https://vimeo.com/48266907

This is my first timelapse so I'm interested in feedback to improve. Two questions I already have are:

1. As the sunset I increased the aperture, how do forum users to this without bumping the camera?

2. The timelapse took 900 shots over about 90 minutes. What would have been the optimum timing for sunset?

3. I didn't use the BRamp setting in Magic Lantern. Would this help, and if so what are the best settings (I couldn't get mine to fire up! - lucky for LRTimelapse post processing Smile

Thank you for watching and you're help in advance.

Ryan
#2 NCHANT
(2012-08-29, 23:53)ryanjenningsnz Wrote: 1. As the sunset I increased the aperture, how do forum users to this without bumping the camera?

2. The timelapse took 900 shots over about 90 minutes. What would have been the optimum timing for sunset?

3. I didn't use the BRamp setting in Magic Lantern. Would this help, and if so what are the best settings (I couldn't get mine to fire up! - lucky for LRTimelapse post processing Smile

1. I'm still new to all this time-lapse stuff, but using Magic Lantern you don't need to touch the camera once it's rolling Smile Or if you wanted to you can use a remote intervalometer with aperture/ISO adjustments on it?

2. I generally do 3-500 shots at 10" intervals, but depends on how fast you want the time-lapse to look?

3. The BRamp setting is just awesome, takes a little bit of getting use to with the settings etc, but default setting usually work. Then use LRTimelapse to smooth it out a bit.

Good luck with your next project Smile

...also check out: