• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not Enough Memory

#1 Michaeldlucero
I have just installed LRTimelapse 4.74 unlicensed version on a 1 year old pc running Windows 10 Home 64bit with an i7 processor, 32Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card, LR version 6. I have never had memory issues until now..please help.

After using auto transition and Deflicker then save in Basic Workflow, I have then gone back as per instructions to LR >metadata>read metada from files. At this point LR6 gives an error reading some of the files. Moving from LRTimelapse and LR slows down a lot. I get Windows error messages saying I am running low on memory. Even my web browser from which I am reading the instructions has a huge delay.

I tried to render out of LRTimelapse anyway, and I also get errors. The LRTExport log reads "Error when exporting:.....not enough memory. The only programs running are LR, LRTimelapse, Chrome Browser

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
First thing I would do is restart the computer.
If the problems persist - this seems to be a lightroom issue - check if you are running the 64 bit version of Lightroom!
The same goes for LRTimelapse - check in the LRTimelapse log, if it's running on 64bit! If not, for LRTimelapse you have to make sure to have the 64bit Java intstalled, otherwise you might run into memory problems. You should make sure uninstall all former Java instances from that computer and to have only the latest 64bit Offline Java installed from the link provided here: http://lrtimeapse.com/install
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Michaeldlucero
Thank you so much for your reply. I am at a loss though...must have been one of the "computer monsters" lurking in my system! It seems to work today! I did restart my computer several times and started over before writing on to this post. 
BTW, LR6 is only 64-bit, from what I can discover, and I am running Java 8 Update 111 (64-bit). I had even deleted the older version of Java before installing LRTimelapse the first time, so I have no explanation why this did not work yesterday and it did today.
 You had mentioned checking the log to see if it is running on 64-bit. I did notice that LRTimelapse installed itself in the program files x86 folder..does this matter?
#4 Michaeldlucero
I experimented and "played" with LRTimelapse on a few sequences that I had shot for a couple of hours with no errors of any kind. Don't know what to say. Thanks for your reply and encouragement. I am excited to learn and create some nice time lapse sequences!
#5 Gunther
Perfect that it's working now. LRTimelapse is always installed in Program Files (x86) - but it will nevertheless work in 64bit if you have the right java intalled.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: