• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not possible to set up Holy Grail curve correctly

#1 wootey
Hi guys,

I've been trying all kinds of different settings for this day to night to day timelapse for the last 2 days and I might need some help.

Here's a screenshot of my preview window and settings: https://imgur.com/w38foD0
First of all I'm sorry for this very unprofessional looking adjustment curve. There were bears around and I was in a hurry setting up.

I've used the Timelapse+ VIEW Intervalometer to make the adjustments automatically but I'm not using the xmps generated by it. As you can see the yellow adjustment curve looks alright in the beginning but then drops way down and I just can't figure out why. It's a little underexposed at the drop but not horribly.
You can see on the right of the screenshot that the frame 87 has a lower "Visual Luminance" than "Preview Luminance". That's why whatever I try adjusting, it always get's very dark here. I've tried adjusting the parameters in the Holy Grail tab. I've tried manually adding keyframes to make it brighter, but it still gets very dark wherever I don't have a keyframe. Is there any way / workaround to solve this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Max
#2 Gunther
The adjustments are too close to each other, the holy grail wizard needs at least 2-3 frames inbetween any adjustment, that's why it doesn't work.
You might try it with LRTimelapse 5, the Holy Grail Wizard can deal better with that in the new version. But if all fails, just use the visual deflicker with a couple of passes (LRT5 required) and some keyframe editing of the exposure to smoothen everything.

In any case, LRT4 is out of support. LRT5 is the way to go and will deliver much better results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 wootey
Danke für die schnelle Antwort.
Alles klar. Dann mach ich mal das Upgrade. Gibts zufällig ne Möglichkeit das im view+ einzustellen, dass das nicht mehr passiert?

...also check out: