• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NTC in qDSLRDashboard

#11 Gunther
No, it's not, because I don't think this would not be a good idea. I wouldn't want moonlit scenes to be as bright as during daylight, so I guess it's pretty fine to use the NTC like it is, with the darker reference set for the moonlight also. (With the moon you always have the problem of the moon being too bright in the images anyway).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 Joost van Wijk
so if the moon comes up and make's the sequence to bright you va manage that with the button NTC + and - ?

or just like the old way

reset reference + and - ?
#13 Gunther
No, NTC +/- only set the factor how strong the night time adjustment will be (2 means double/half the reference).
If you want to manually change the reference because of the moon for example, you need to use the +/- Buttons next to reference as usually.
#14 Joost van Wijk
I was struggling several times with set reference changement. Wen the moon rise you have to do some quik changes and with set reference it worked not quiked in off so mostly i lowered my highest iso manual 

The steps in set ference + - can you set them bigger and smaller.?
#15 Kirschk
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the board.
Here are some feedback concerning NTC:
Camera: Canon 650D with GPS receiver GP-E2 (hot shoe) connected to low cost Dell Laptop (SSD 32GB,Win 10, 2 USB and 1 HDMI port) via USB.
Software: QDSLR Board v 3.5.5
I don't get the NTC active in LRTimelapse tab shooting HG.
I tried with UT and without UT option.
Error message: no data acquired
Second button visible very short before message pops up.
Sequence pictures have GPS data .
Anything else I can try?
Thanks for any input.
#16 Gunther
It's the smart device that needs to provide the GPS data, not the camera.
If you are using a tablet or other device without GPS, it won't work.
#17 Kirschk
Thanks for the feedback and clearification.
#18 tbrumm
Moin Gunther,
i would love to get NTC working within qDDb for linux, but it does not recognize my GPS(serial and also usb). I also couldnt get any useful info from Zoltan till now. Is there any kind of further information what kind of devices on which ports etc. are working? Zoltan only wrote: any serial NMEA Device, but i can't get it working.

PS: On my Tablet it works well, but i prefer to use my large screen, the cam is installed in a fixed position at the roof of my house.

Any kind of information would be great.

Kind regards
Torsten
#19 Nemofish
@Gunther If I want to avoid over exposure on lights in a big city I set NTC from 2 to 3 and it gets darker at night? Do I understand that correct?
My website: https://sleeplessin.ch
#20 Gunther
Yes the higher the value the darker the images at the end.

...also check out: