• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NTC in qDSLRDashboard

#21 Nemofish
@Gunther, thanks! I was exercising with a small city yesterday..., preparing for my next trip to NYC, the problem is that the city lights are coming earlier than the night. It is already overexposed when the NTC is still around 20%. My suggestion would be an option for cityscape, if that option is selected the NTC comes in earlier and faster. Or even better an option highlight protection which force ramping down if parts get over exposed. Maybe with different level selectable "full highlight protection" "med highlight protection" "low highlight protection".

At all I am not sure if time and location is a 100% trustable value for darkness. It is also up to clouds and direction and other things.
My website: https://sleeplessin.ch
#22 Daxelinho
Hey,
is there a way to use it without GPS? I don't have GPS on my laptop but I would love to use that feature. I can't use my phone for the capture because the battery is to weak to power my phone the whole capture time and my camera don't has Wifi so I need to plug my camera in with a cable but then I'm not able to charge my phone. Big Grin

Maybe you can manually set the location for NTC. Another option would be that qDSLR use the standard position you can select in Windows itself. But this won't work.
One more solution would be to connect my phone with Bluetooth to the laptop with GPS enabled to send the location to my laptop via Bluetooth..
There is an app called btGPS wich allows exactly that and in qDSLRDashboard itself there is the option "Use USB GPS NMEA receiver" and you can select a channel. I tried it but it won't get my location.

I hope someone can help me with this. Maybe there is something else I've never thought about.

-Daxelinho
#23 Gunther
No, no moon...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#24 Daxelinho
Too bad, that's annoying. So the only option would be to make the camera Wifi-capable or to equip the laptop with a GPS module?
Thanks, of course, for the quick answer.
#25 Gunther
I was talking about the moon rise and set not being supported. If your device has no GPS, in the current version of qDDB you can enter the location manually also.
#26 Daxelinho
I just want to ask nicely, because I haven't found such a function yet. I have already searched for it, but found nothing. That would be the solution to my problem!
#27 Gunther
Long press on the Ntc button.
#28 Daxelinho
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to annoy you, but if I press the "Auto NTC" button in the Holy Grail module longer, the "Sun position calculations" window appears with the message "Unable to aquire GPS location" after about one second. Latitude and Longitude only say "NaN".
So my question is: Are we talking about the same NTC button (in the Auto Holy Grail module) and it may fell by the wayside: I use Windows 10 and version 3.5.9 of qDDB.

I know, it's not really your job to answer these questions and I hope I don't annoy you, sorry.

-Daxelinho
#29 Gunther
If you click on the GPS button in that dialog, you should be able to enter a GPS position manually.
I know, it's not really intuitive, but I'm not the developer of qDDB... You might want to contact Zoltan directly to ask for improvement.
#30 Daxelinho
Thanks for you replies but than it's not working for me. If I click on the GPS button nothing happens at all (even holding the button) and when clicking on "calc" the same message "Unable to aquire GPS location" appears. I already tried contacting the qDDB forum but I haven't received the activation email, yet.

...also check out: