• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Oh No, Another Error Message from Vimeo

#1 Motorised
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just a warning…

We have some recommendations for this video:

This video's datarate is 60197kbps, which is pretty high. For HD video, we suggest you use a lower datarate, typically 5000kbps. A lower data rate means smaller video files and faster uploading.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm still concerned about the Vimeo conversion from the uploaded DVD quality mp4 to flash movie and the playback quality I get on Vimeo.

If the above error message I get from Vimeo is anything to go by, perhaps there's room for improvement.

Any suggestions on how I can improve Vimeo playback? The video in question is here. I'm using the 0720p @ 24.000 LRTimelapse Pro (HD) template. Will another template offer better playback quality on Vimeo?

Many thanks...
#2 Ulli
Really bad compression artefcts in the upper left :-(
If it looks much better on your computer perhaps try to upload with a lower bitrate so vimeo perhaps does no further encoding? Dont know whrt's going wrong but it's possible to get better quality on vimeo.
#3 Motorised
Thank you Ulli. I'm glad you agree with me, that it looks awful. And, yes I have to agree with you that Vimeo can offer much better playback quality. At least there's an error message pointing us in the right direction.

All I've got to do now is figure out how to lower the bit rate? Then hopefully that'll be the end to the problems.

I can't imagine what's gone wrong, but hopefully the answer will be posted here, then I'll be able to relax a little.

Thanks for your help.
#4 Motorised
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just a warning…

We have some recommendations for this video:

This video is in 1080p. By default we automatically convert large HD footage to 720p for better playback to other users. If you'd like to have it always playback in 1080p, there's an option for that.

This video's datarate is 60186kbps, which is abnormally high and means we might have trouble converting it or it may take a very long time. For HD video, we suggest you use a lower datarate, typically 5000kbps.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As users have no control whatsoever over the bit rate of the rendered video’s, either in Lightroom or LRTimelapse I thought I’d try another template to see if it made any difference.

The answer to that question is no.
If anything rendering using the 1080p template (1080p @ 24,000 LRTimelapse Pro (Full HD) only seems to have made matters worse, as you can see by the Error Message I received above. The video playback, which is even worse than before is…. here.

I am going to need some assistance here on how to lower the bit rate, if indeed that is the playback problem. Error Messages have a habit of offering false information and sometimes mean something completely different. If anyone has a better interpretation of the Error Message listed above and knows of a solution to the extremely poor playback problem in Vimeo, please let me know.
#5 Ulli
You need a video editing software to reduce the bitrate - the Presets for Lightroom will give you the best possible quality for further postprocessing. In nearly all cases there'll be some postprocessing and you'll be glad of the high bitrate - it's not usual to upload a single videosequence without adding audio and/or title or credits, so usually there's no need for an output with low bitrate.
According to the shoppage the free templates are working with 16MBit/s and the pro ones with much more.
#6 scott@on-sight.com
(2013-01-28, 18:43)Ulli Wrote: You need a video editing software to reduce the bitrate - the Presets for Lightroom will give you the best possible quality for further postprocessing.

I, for one, would like to be able to use LR and LR Timelapse to produce videos that don't require post processing. Indeed if I were into post processing I might have bypassed LR Timelapse altogether.

I'd love to see some presets that offer optimal settings for Vimeo publishing. Or, I'd love to know more about how we might make our own...
Scott Martin
www.martinphoto.com
#7 Ulli
I guess, that there are zero relevant videos on vimeo or Youtube or what else that contain only one simple timelapsesequence. I cant't imagine what's should good for?
#8 scott@on-sight.com
(2013-01-28, 20:03)Ulli Wrote: I guess, that there are zero relevant videos on vimeo or Youtube or what else that contain only one simple timelapsesequence. I cant't imagine what's should good for?

Your english is a bit broken so I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying. I'm aware of the many simple timelapse videos online. Perhaps you are trying to insult my work without having seen it?

I'm creating dynamic multi-sequence timelapse videos from a variety of sources. I like the elegance of the workflow I'm employing and I'm trying to get as much out of it by minimizing post production.

For my purposes, my workflow would have even greater elegance if I could export Vimeo ready sequences from LR. I don't think a request for a Vimeo optimized video preset is out of place, nor worth of insult.
Scott Martin
www.martinphoto.com
#9 Motorised
What we really need here is for Gunther to step in.

He’s really the only person who has the experience and the knowledge of what’s really happening here.

I’ve been in touch with Vimeo help, and they say it’s a bit rate problem. They are quite happy to stand by their error message. But if we don’t have access to the bitrate in LRTimelapse, we’re not able to set our own bitrate at the 5000 that Vimeo is asking for. After all, that’s what the templates are for. So we don’t have to mess around with bit rates or any other awkward settings.

There’s definitely an upset somewhere, in bit rates or whatever the problem is.

Where exactly the problem lies, is for Gunther to answer.

Post processing in a video editor is not necessary when you’ve got LRTimelapse installed. That’s exactly why we bought LRTimelapse in the first place. It’s sole purpose in life is to remove the laborious need for post processing in a video editor. I for one have no intention whatsoever of using a video editor of any description.

LRTimelapse is my tool of choice, although there are questions here that need answers.

Vimeo stand by their error message. So what’s happening here?

Gunther, please help here. We need you.
#10 Motorised
Quote:According to the shop page the free templates are working with 16MBit/s and the pro ones with much more.

Ulli might have a point here?

Ulli, give me more information here on what you're saying about the bit rate of the pro templates? Where are you getting this information from?

Also what video editor is able to import a finished and rendered mp4 and then be able to lower the bit rate?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ulli, maybe I've been a little hasty here. Give me more information to work with?

Are you saying that instead of importing the final sequence back into LightRoom for final rendering into an mp4, that you import the still image sequence into a video editor and then export it from there as an mp4, but with your own settings of a 5000kbps bit rate?

What video editor would you suggest I look into?

It would need to read the meta data the same as Lightroom does, otherwise LRTimelapse would be a pointless exercise.

...also check out: