• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

On the road with Lightroom

#1 cwtucker
As I understand it lightroom is really a 1 computer application. I have it installed on a blazing fast new iMac. But now I am going to travel for a while. I am wondering what is going to be the best way to handle that? I'm sure I am going to want to look at what I have taken! I can resist working on them seriously till I come back. What do you do to overcome this. It would be easy if shooting jpegs, but shooting raw has me scratching my head?
#2 Gunther
I use lightroom on the road with a fresh catalog. Then when I come back I import that catalog into my main catalog at home to benefit from all the changes I did on location. You have to copy the RAW files then manually from the laptop as well and "relink" them to the new position in the catalog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ChrisTucker
I was thinking that might be doable as well. Just not sure how the importing works with raw and have lost some pics importing improperly and dont want to do that again!@#. Now I watched your new 3 tutorial and was noticing that maybe i can just import into 3 as well and view there?
#4 Gunther
Yes the new importer is really handy when on location. Just check it out!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: