• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Only 1 'frame' rendered in video

#1 Philn67
I went through the workflow step by step and all seems fine, but when I come to render the video I only get the very first jpg rendered as one frame and the final video shows only this, with a time of 0.

After double checking everything I can't see where I have gone wrong. Attempting to render again, ensuring I have the correct folder selected as the task, gives the same problem. If I go to a different project I can render without problems.

My steps:
1. Workflow step by step in LRT ensuring metadata is updated, reloaded etc.
2. Export from LR. I made sure the LRT executable is selected, and my output path is the same folder as previous projects.
3. After the export I can confirm it was successful because I have a new subfolder containing all the images with the prefix LRT_.
4. When I render the video from LRT I ensure that the folder is selected containing the correct images, all other settings are correct, 1080p, High, mp4, frame rate 24, 1:1, 420 pixel format.
The render status bar appears at the bottom, but finishes before it even shows any progress because it seems only one image is being processed. I get a an mp4 file, with a thumbnail, but no sequence.

Any ideas anyone?
#2 Gunther
Do you have the latest LRTExport plugin installed?
It's 3.1.1 - download it here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrte...ix-release

Then make sure the crop of your image does not have different aspect ratios - most likely you made a crop animation (different crops on different key frames) and didn't lock the aspect ratio.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Philn67
Problem solved but raises a new question which perhaps Gunther can answer?

I had a Virtual Copy attached to the first frame, which I understood LRT would ignore? The export did ignore the virtual copy, however the filenames were LTR_00001, 00003, etc. 00002 was missing, so the video render stopped. Renaming No.1 to No2 resulted in an error, so I batch renamed all files to start from 1 and the video rendered fine.

Therefore if I want to use an image to develop as a still, and use a Virtual Copy, how do I ensure this doesn't happen again, without having to Batch Rename?
#4 FableBlue2010
Put you virtual copy in a different folder before rendering the images that you plan on using for your timelapse; LRT treats all files as the same and will number them as part as a sequence.
#5 Philn67
(2013-09-09, 18:55)FableBlue2010 Wrote: Put you virtual copy in a different folder before rendering the images that you plan on using for your timelapse; LRT treats all files as the same and will number them as part as a sequence.

Thanks for the suggestion, but LR doesn't allow virtual copies to be moved, or added to collections independent of the original image.

So when I have a sequence of images for a time-lapse, I will naturally want to process one or more as a still. The first/last image wouldn't be an issue because I could just move it; one shot taken out of the sequence is no big deal. But if its an intermediate image, because the light changes etc, then I can't remove it. All I can think is that I select the images I want, make a copy on the HD, rename it and re import to LR. Seems like a lot of trouble though, unless anyone else has a suggestion?
#6 Philn67
(2013-09-09, 15:02)gwegner Wrote: Do you have the latest LRTExport plugin installed?
It's 3.1.1 - download it here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrte...ix-release

Then make sure the crop of your image does not have different aspect ratios - most likely you made a crop animation (different crops on different key frames) and didn't lock the aspect ratio.

Thanks Gunther, the version I have is 3.1, Im not sure if 3.1.1 will solve the issue, posted below. I think you posted your reply just at the same time as I posted what the actual problem was.
#7 Gunther
Someone suggested to just hide the virtual copies in the folder by clicking on the small virtual copy icon.
As far as I tested it this will prevent the virtual copies from screwing up the numbering.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 Philn67
Thanks Gunther, loving the LRT app, awesome stuff!
#9 John Wildgoose
(2013-09-14, 16:57)Philn67 Wrote: Thanks Gunther, loving the LRT app, awesome stuff!

Ditto that!!

Key framing is King!

Just in case anyone comes to this thread having an issue where LR5 only exports one frame of the intermediate JPGs, like I did, shutting down LR5 did the trick.
#10 flyinga
Thanks Wildgoose! Restart of LR worked for me.

...also check out: