• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Option to delete the files after saveoption deletes the unsaved XMP images

#1 HYLiu
When you receive an message "result of the write operation" it always shows some files that did not save XMP correctly. (see attachment)
Would be good to have option to delete the files after saveoption deletes the unsaved XMP images.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Yes, most of the time those might be corrupt JPG files. But of course, there could be other reasons.

Are you thinking on a "delete" option right on this dialog?

Another option I could think of, would be to provide an option in the Edit Menu "Select all unsaved files" which would then allow you to delete them after they are selected. Of course that would not be as obvious, but also maybe prevent people from accidentally deleting files.

Let me know what you guys think.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 HYLiu
Yes, would be great just to delete those files. Even check corrupted images that are distorded and auto remove? see attached image
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Are you using the latest version of LRTimelapse? (6.5.2) - this already checks for corrupt images when loading a folder and offers to delete then. Please try that out. See: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse...-released/
#5 HYLiu
I saw that Lightroom was showing the corrupted files in an batch.
#6 HYLiu
I always get files that could not write metadata in the batch when I use LRT. don't know why. Ssometimes only one but often more. Seldom I have no errors saving the XMP files.
PS; using 6.5.2
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#7 Gunther
When you work with jps the xmp data will be written inside the JPG. You need to make sure that those files. are writeable and no other program is locking them (for example lightroom generating previews on background or similar.). Also make sure to kot have turned on the lightroom option to automatically write xmp data. This might interfere.

It's better to work with raw files, if you can.

...also check out: