• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 6.52 - compatibility with older Lightroom versions

#1 Onk2
Hi,
I'm interested in getting LRTimelapse.
At a glance I wasn't able to find a compatibility matrix anywhere.
Forgive me if I missed it...

I'm still using Lightroom 6.14 as it fits my needs and I didn't want to move to the new license models.

Is LRTimelapse still compatible with this older Lightroom version?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Yes, you can use the old Lightroom 6. You just need to set the "Masks Version" to 1.0 in the LRTimelapse settings.
However, I'd really recommend to upgrade to the latest Lightroom Classic. It's so much faster and better. Multiple times a year there are discounts on Amazon for the Adobe Photography Subscription, this means you pay 70 or 80 bucks a year for LR Classic and Photoshop. That's a bargain. And really, believe me, the improvement in terms of performance from LR6 to the current Classic is huge and Adobe is constantly improving the features also. Just my 2 cents.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Onk2
Thanks for the swift reply and your suggestions.
Maybe I'll give LR-subscription a try. Rollback would be a hassle though.
I'm just not a fan of subscription-models in general and I hate it to be left with no choice. It just doesn't fit for everybody.

I almost was about to move forward to subscription last winter when the classic-subscription of a colleague blocked him from working because it couldn't validate the subscription online while we were completely cut off from any internet connection for some weeks. I didn't look into the details. So I don't know more then that. But I was happy to still be on my old shabby 6.14 at this time.
Sounds like an unlikely scenario - but can happen to us any time when we are out in the field.
#4 Gunther
A good summary on how to use LR Classic offline: https://muenchworkshops.com/blog/using-a...c-offline/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: