• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

output: HD-1080 and keep aspect ratio 3:4, without crop

#1 snahl
I haven't figured out how to obtain a TimeLapse-sequence output size of 1920 x 1080 without cropping top and bottom when the images of that sequence have an aspect ratio of 4:3.

The goal is to get an output of 1920 x 1080 displaying the TL-sequence (size 1626 x 1080) placed in the center with two black bars (147px) on the left and on the right side.
(2 x 147px + 1626px = 1920px)

ffmpeg provides some padding options, but it seems as the desired effect is not implemented in LRTimeLapse v3.4.1
I hope I have overlooked something.
Please advise.

Any hints and suggestions leading to a solution are most welcome.
THX.
Dig-IT-all
#2 Gunther
No, in my opinion it doesn't make sense to render black bars. If you want to do something like this, do it in the final cutting process in a video editor. LRTimelapse only delivers the source clips for this.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 snahl
Hi Günther,
I am glad to learn about your opinion.
Nevertheless you leave it open to explain your reasoning that it does NOT make sense to obtain the full 4:3 sequence with sidebars. Equally about cropping top and bottom.

To some this does to others it does not make sense but that is not very much of relevance - what counts is the what customer wants.

So how can I obtain an output sequence with the original aspect ratio 4:3 without any cropping (using the Pro Version)?

Suggestion:
When LRTimelapse provides the option for cropping top and bottom then LRTimelapse should equally provide the option for NOT cropping top and bottom.
And if cropping remains a must, then LRTimelapse should please provide the user additional options to choose whether to crop from top OR from bottom only.

Greetings, Hans.
Dig-IT-all

...also check out: