• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to change settings on finished sequences the best way

#1 KristofSchaefer
Hi everyone, german text below,

I bought LRT and did everything like the instruction told me. And it worked, fine.

Now I wonder, what to do, if you want to change some settings. Lets say, you are not happy with the colour changes and want to add another keyframe, or just change the temperature or other settings in Lightroom.
Do you actually have to start all over again? It is said to be best, not to have the pictures in the library, but rather drag and drop them in during the LRT process.

So now I wonder, how you do it the best way, if you dont want to delete the previous sequence. The only way I see it, would be to copy all the pics, rename them, so lightroom does not think they are in the library already, put them in a different folder and then start a complete new sequence setup from the beginning.

I wonder, if there is a different and easier way, without doubling the amount of pictures on your drive, but still having two final projects to render from in the end (with the same pictures).

Second, if you definitely dont want to keep your older sequence settings, can you just go to lightroom, change the settings on the keyframes, save the metadata, and move on with the second processing line in LRT, without dragging and dropping the pictures into lightroom etc... ?

HIer nochmal auf deutsch,

ich habe mir LRT gekauft und alles läuft super. Nun bin ich noch am Anfang und etwas vorsichtig möchte nix falsch machen.

Wenn eine Sequenz abgeschlossen ist und man am Ende feststellt, dass es doch besser wäre, bspw. die Farben etwas zu ändern oder andere Einstellungen der Keyframes vorzunehmen. Reicht es dann, wieder in Lightroom diese Einstellungen der Keyframes vorzunehmen, die Metadaten zu speichern und in LRT dann mit der zweiten Zeile weiter zu machen? Oder sollte man doch wieder komplett von vorne anfangen, die Bilder wieder per Drag and DRop nach Lightroom schieben (Hinzufügen, also vorher natürlich auch in Lightroom entfernen)?

Und was nun, wenn ich die Sequenz gut finde, die Rendermöglichkeit für das bereits erstellte Projekt behalten möchte, aber trotzdem eine weitere, geänderte Sequenz erstellen möchte.
Muss ich hierzu die Bilder quasi kopieren (mit neuem anderen DAteinamen) und in einem neuen Ordner abspeichern und hiermit dann ein neues (zweites) Projekt erstellen?
Würde dann ja bedeuten, dass doppelter Speicherplatz belegt würde und es natürlich auch eine Menge Zeitaufwand bedeutete, da man ja immer mit vielen Datenmengen hantiert.

Gruß und danke für alle Antworten,

Kristof
#2 Gunther
There's two things: Snapshots (allow you to save the current state of a full sequence and restore it later) - search the forum, we had it explained a couple of times already.
So if you want to try another edit, just make a snapshot, then change the editing of the keyframes in Lightroom, save metadata and continue from the 2nd workflow row in LRT.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: