• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tripod head for emotimo

#1 lerroy
Hey Gunther

quick question in the TB3 video you have just posted you show a single axis head for the emotimo

can you advise the brand and or a link ? would really like to get one

Thank you

Jody
#2 Gunther
Sure, sorry. I added the links here: http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/emotimo-tb3/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lerroy
(2012-09-09, 11:21)gwegner Wrote: Sure, sorry. I added the links here: http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/emotimo-tb3/

not cheap....might just stick with my ball head. Smile thanks though
#4 Gunther
It's not cheap, I agree - but it's really sturdy and absolutely worth the money.
Big Grin
#5 TheModScene
[size=medium][font=Arial]
(2012-09-09, 12:40)gwegner Wrote: It's not cheap, I agree - but it's really sturdy and absolutely worth the money.

hi all,
I'm finally on the site.
the thing I'm most curious about this head in the height . with the weight of the emotio and canon/lenses , can it be stable with such a large arm weight? You'd think it would shake back n forth like a ships sail. :-)
I have a manfrotto tripod w/ bh-1 head. I'm guessing I'll need a second tripod for the stage one. Do you like the travel angel? Which one do you use, the aluminium looks cheaper with a ball head included. So I might use the bh-1 on the slider.
I'm looking forward to coming up with feet for the stage one,
thanks for your help
steve[/font][/size]
#6 Gunther
Sure, the higher you build it, the more shaky it will get.
#7 MatthewLang
Hello Gunther,
I recently purchased a blackbox TB3 from Emotimo, and have just started playing around with it. I got it in part because of your review of the orange TB3. So far, I love the little black box, and look forward to trying new things with it. One question for you I'm curious about with the stability of the unit; have you tried sand-bagging your tripod when shooting stop motion, or do you find that the pause before shooting delay is sufficient for most situations? I've also wondered about some type of dampener on the camera to make it settle quicker when I have a heavier zoom lens on it. It looks like the 70-200 on a D300s is probably pushing the weight limit a bit much. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Matt
#8 Gunther
Hi Matthew, stability can certainly be an issue if you use big lenses/cameras. I'm afraid there is no real solution - just try to avoid windy situations and level the camera with the macro rail...
3 way head
grwiffen
2013-05-20, 18:04
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: