• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Renaud
Hi Gunther,

is there a way to keep the original aspect ratio of my pictures, and prevent LR from cropping to 16:9 ?

Thanks
#2 Gunther
You can turn the cropping off inside LRTimelapse - but Lightroom will unfortunately always export in 16:9...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Renaud
OK, thanks Gunther
#4 TheModScene
Hi,
The more I am working on the workflow. the more I am glad that LRT does a lot of work. I don't know how you did it before..it would take forever.
I have the DP Stage One/TB3 combo like you. and ive been trying to do some descending work with pan tilts on both ends.. to keep the subject in the middle centered and level and the slider goes downward. but maybe im having problem on the work flow. ive let LRT set some keyframes and edit those keyframes. Then I come back later and crop to16:9. I did that because the mp4 would end up twisting and tilting the scene. so what I did was try and use the angel/level adjustment in LR4 when im setting the crop. ..the result was a more level timelapse . but it still does some weird thing on its own. where the scene tends to "tilt". I couldn't find a way to turn this feature off in LRT before I saved the XMP. I see the orange box tilting in the preview in LRT, but cant make it stay level. Loe working with all of this, but the learning curve is high. makes me appreciate all the work more..
thanks
Steve
#5 Gunther
I don't really understand what you are doing and what you are expecting to happen. But if you want to animate the crop to level out some movements, I suggest doing a two step approach. The keyframes apply to all settings: crop and all other development settings. So in the frst step make all the other adjustments and deflicker (if necessary), without crop. Then export that as JPGs and without metadata (see 2-step-deflicker description in the forum -> http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...+deflicker) - then in the second step make the crop animation. Set keyframes only where you need them to animate the crop.
#6 TheModScene
I guess im not clear. I cant upload the mp4 because its 67mb. but I have the dolly on a slope ( one tripod lower at one end than the other like in your video, keeping the tb3 level) then as it moves left to right im trying to keep an object in the center of the frame by using the pan. but it seems when I used LR4 to crop, and copy setting to each new keyframe, somehow it did not stay level. so when I came back to LRT after edit it had this orange box on the preview. and it made the whole video tilt down to the right, making it all look tilted, not a level film. so I was looking in LRT for a place to uncheck a box so that I could not have it tilt the video over. but leave it as it was in LR4.
maybe a quick way to say this is, How do you keep your scene level when there is no horizon or horizontal plane in sight? maybe what I did was level the camera at the "start point" and should have re-leveled the camera with the tilt and pan at the "finish point" I thought it would have stayed level.
steve
#7 Gunther
I still don't understand if you have a unwanted crop animation due to a transition applied by LRTimelapse? (If you select the whole sequence in LRTimelapse, does the orange box show an animation?) or if you want to animate the tilting of the horizon to compensate different angles.

In the first case you might riht click on one of the crop columns in LRTimelapse and then "fill down" the values, to force they being all the same.
In the second case just change the crop in lightroom for every keyframe so the horizon is level. then apply the auto transition in LRTimelapse as usually. And it will animate the crop accordingly. Again check that animation with Ctrl-A (selecting all images) and observe the orange boxes. Please not that the preview is not "really" cropped, you only see the crop via the orange boxes.

...also check out: