• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Panasonic GH2 raw files (.RW2) ...

#1 dhoelscher
Hallo ...

I'm new to LRTimelapse ... and I am running 1.31 beta on a Mac Pro with OS X 10.6.7.

LRTimelapse appears to be unable to see my raw files from my Panasonic GH2 ...

Is that because these .RW2 raw files are not supported? (ACR/LR can edit/see the files) ...

Thanks,

David
#2 dhoelscher
I read the FAQ about making the transitions, and then exporting JPEGs....and then deflickering after that ....

I saw that the Panasonic GH2 previews aren't supported by the Java thing ....

But .... I can't use LRTimelapse at all - because no files show up in the main window when I navigate to the folder containing the raw files (and XMP files) ... so I can't "make the transitions" ... right?

Just a clarification,

David

#3 Gunther
David, did you write the xmp files first? You should be able to work with any RAW files supported by Lightroom in LRTimelapse as well, the worst case would be that LRTimelapse can't load the previews - in that case you can do everything except deflicker. For deflicker you would have to follow the 2-step-workflow in such a case.

See: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-rw2-...ic-support

Please send me one of your files to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com if you experience any further problems.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 dhoelscher
Wow ... thanks for the super (uber?) fast response ...

Yes sir - I did indeed (command-s) and saved the XMP metadata. I'm using LR 3.4.1.

I'll send you one raw file and the accompanying XMP for you to see.

Danke schoen,

David
#5 dhoelscher
Hallo ... I don't think that you got my email with the Panasonic raw file (RW2) and the XMP because of the size.

I am re-sending via the YouSendIt service.

Gruss,

David
#6 dhoelscher
I just verified (by using Windows XP/Parallels) that LRTimelapse running under Windows can't see the Panasonic .RW2 files / XMPs .... So it appears to not be a Mac platform specific issue.
#7 Gunther
David, I made a new version for you that will allow you to see the RW2 files. Like I said, no previews will be shown because the RAW library does not support RW2, but you will be fine to go with the 2pass worflow as described above.

I'm going to send you the pre release via Email.

By the way - thank you very much for your donation, I appreciated it!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 dhoelscher
Danke schoen, Herr Gunther,

I works as you described ....

Now to troubleshoot my poor NEF/Nikon workflow issue!

Schoenes Wokenende in Deutschland,

David
#9 dhoelscher
Nikon/NEF issue has been solved ...

It was my failure to carefully follow Rule Number 1 in the FAQ ...

Smile

David

...also check out: