• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Ktronik
Hey Guys,

I am a electronic designer....looking to make a few 'trigger' PCBs to make creation of this project a bit easier for others...but mainly for my own builds...

so have I have added Lipo battery and USB recharge... on board LIPO battery will run everything...and be fully charged before you do your time lapse...I will try to have charge and use at same time as well....

I will add some opto-isolated triggers to PCB....rather than transistors...as this is most safest for new players....so you don't blow up you camera should it be wired wrong...

from the looks....we can add on the PCB>...extra triggers for motor control or second camera port...also.,..seeing separate triggers...for focus...could be 4-5 triggers needed.

I managed to hide the LIPO battery between the arduino UNO and LCD shield....this gives a good size reduction...

any info on 'wanted' triggers to be put on PCBs...please post your ideas here....

I will then produce a new 3D printed cased for my build...

so plan is to add on board USB charging via lipo battery....this has on board boost reg to offer 5v to system. On PCB will also be up to 5 triggers...

PCB can be offered fully build...or as PCB only...just looking to make ONE PCB that can be used for everything....this PCB will be docked to the top board...
#2 MLXXXp
If you're going to make a PCB and use a LIPO battery, you may wish to consider not using a UNO and LCD shield. Instead, add buttons and a display connector to your PCB, along with pads to mount a SparkFun Pro Mini (or clone). This would allow you to run at 3.3V, so you wouldn't need a boost regulator. It would save power, for longer run times, and it would be less expensive.

You could use my design as a base:

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-my-...0#pid34210
#3 Ktronik
sure, if I wanted to do a 'one off'...I would do what you have done...

I am more interested in adding to the already easy to build platform presented here.

My PCB, if interest, will just make it easier again... as it can be easily added to the LCD hat.

I have worked out a quick proto for my self, works well...so far...

great to see this project changing as more users get to coding...

I just want to help a bit on the hardware side of things...

K

...also check out: