• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Perfect color match on a Holy Grail shot?

#1 slabkoff
Hi,
I shot a holy grail sequence of the full moon rising over the Long Island Sound this past Friday night.  While the sequence was recorded fine and the "saw-toothing" in the luminosity was near perfect, I'm having a great deal of trouble matching colors between the saw-tooth transitions in LR.  LRT set up about 15 keyframes - which actually makes the problem of matching in this sequence even harder. 

I reduced the # of keyframes from 15 to 2 - to have an easier transition - to let LRT do the tweening properly - that helped - but on the spikes, the frame before the spike and the frame after the spike are different hues of blue - making the transition noticeable.  Is there some secret sauce in getting these colors to match pre/post the ramping spikes?

Should I be using the suggested 15 keyframes or is the 2 a better approach?  

I'm looking for suggestions/experience here.

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions.

Steve
#2 Gunther
The number of keyframe does not matter for the holy grail. Normally the hg wizard and visual deflicker (maybe with a refine step) do a perfect job. If not, most likely one or more color channels are overexposed (blown out), that cannot be recovery because the information is then missing. If you are in doubt, feel free to post a link to the video, then we can have a look.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: