• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Performance Improvement

#1 jjmaia
Hi all,

Any way to improve performance while reading files for the 1st time?

[Image: https://i.postimg.cc/N0sW3qt7/Untitled.png]

LRTimelapse is using all 12 threads, but the CPu load is so low and the hard drive is a NVME SSD that I wonder if there is a way to speed this up?

No that my question is only regarding the initial step, ie building the blue line.

Thank you.
#2 Gunther
Which file types are those? Normally with raw files, there are small ore iews embedded and they would be loaded very quickly. However if the files don't have previews it might take longer.
Please send a log file after loading such a sequence: info menu / show log

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jjmaia
Ah, it might be that, as I have deleted the jpg's. This is Gopro RAW format.

Thank you for your help, I'll keep the jpg's next time.
#4 Gunther
GoPro GPR "Raw" files are not really raw files. They are one of the few file types which are a pita to load, because they have no embedded previews. They are slow as hell, I agree. Unfortunately there is not much i can do about this, support for those files is limited and slow and only there as opposed to not supporting them at all.
For real timelapse work you should use a real photo camera (DSLR or mirrorless) with manual mode and real raw shooting capabilities, not a Gopro.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 jjmaia
Oh, I see, no problem, I understand. That explains why it took so much time to load...

I am only starting timelapses now, and I do use my camera (X-T3), but I do use the gopro for when I am shooting with the camera, that way I kill 2 birds with one shot.

Again, thank you for your help.

...also check out: