• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pinpoint stars become startrails in fast video?!

#1 martienjanssen
I'm working on a fast-paced timelapse movie, which includes many scenes of the Milky Way, sped up up to 500%. My nice pinpoint stars become startrails in the playback though. If you pause the video, you'll see pinpoint stars, but playback creates trails. The faster the scene, the longer the trails.

I tested in various players on different machines, it's the same everywhere. I also have scenes of hot air balloons flying at Bagan, which get this weird effect when played fast. I don't have any effects used or enabled in After Effects which could create this either.

I guess this is just a property of video, probably meant for playback-improvement. But I'd just like to understand what is happening exactly. Anyone have any idea?

Would there be a fix or work-around? Or is t just the sacrifice you have to make for 'fast moving pixels'? Perhaps a high framerate would 'solve' it, but yeah..
#2 Gunther
Did you activate Motion Blur Plus when rendering? If course that would lead to such an effect. Try turning it off, if you don't want motion blur.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: